Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bucket list fishing trip

My wife wanted to do a trip for our 15 year wedding anniversary. We don’t really vacation together because our interests are very different. When she threw out Costa Rica as a suggestion, I said sure why not. Knowing that there would be a chance we could get out and do some fishing. As it turns out, one of the guys I work with is obsessed with following one of the charters down there on instagram and it happened to be an hour from where we were planning to stay. I quickly booked a day off inshore and offshore. These guys are about the smallest boats in the marina but obviously love fishing. I had no idea what I was in for.

The first fishing day came and we rolled out shortly after sunrise. There was a very nasty storm cloud on the horizon but we headed right at it for about an hour. The fish were biting right away. We got 4 mahi before the storm hit. Once the storm hit, we ended up hooking a sailfish and got it in right as things got really nasty. I told the captain to turn for port just as the lightning cracked over our heads. To say I was nervous was an understatement. Still a fun day.
View attachment 309412
View attachment 309413
View attachment 309414
View attachment 309426
So cool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back