Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bro, Do You Even Lift? (Off-season ways to stay in shape)

Dsnow9

BF19EBDD-3557-4F08-B2E2-128A3A587641.jpeg

I know there was another thread about off season workouts past years but wanted to put a slightly different spin on it this year.

Being that we are in the off season, what do you do to keep yourself in shape for next hunting season? This doesn’t have to be actually going to the gym, it could be simply eating clean or going to work.

Photos or it didn’t happen!

I tossed half a dozen 1/2“X20’ grade 70 chains around delivering a load.
Chains are 115 lb each.

023DB1A5-3E98-44D9-8CA1-6AE6E129915E.jpeg

Doing that and seeing the post on the tree, I think of the comments from the cardiac rehab team…”physical work doesn’t count towards the exercise you should do to stay healthy…”

86B85600-F166-4D07-82FB-E9A5A33CE6EE.jpeg

Last edited:
I tossed half a dozen 1/2“X20’ grade 70 chains around delivering a load.
Chains are 115 lb each.

View attachment 209419

Doing that and seeing the post on the tree, I think of the comments from the cardiac rehab team…”physical work doesn’t count towards the exercise you should do to stay healthy…”

View attachment 209418
I remember those days, dragging 1/2" chain around. I used to take pride in timing myself and seeing how fast I could tie a load down.

Two sound knees will be the game changer I envisioned. At 6.5 weeks I'm already doing more pain free cardio and resistance building quad/calf muscle for next fall's hunts. The new hinge has a 120 degree bend & I'm gonna hang with the PT til he kicks me loose. Supplementing physical therapy with 6/7 day a week gym visits (PT approved)

I lay so much on the deck, I’m thinking of cutting them down to 6’ and only lugging around what I need.
That's smart. Just enough to go from your tie down points to your D rings on your trailer. Do you primarily haul mobile equipment like that rock truck?

I haven’t done much yet, but with warmer weather and deteriorating ice conditions I’m guessing a fully clothed swim or 2 will be in my workout plans shortly.

I mean sure, jogging gets your heart rate up. Plunging through ice and the fear of death get it up much faster. PM me or more cardio tips.

Winter is when I lift. Once the snow breaks I start hiking a lot and doing a trail loop with 50lbs in a pack.

I'm getting ready to start running again. Just hit a hill sunday with 40lbs in the pack. Always a wake up call the next day when my legs are sore. Preparing sucks but god damn does it make running around the hills with a pack sooo much easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back