Bridger Bighorns?

Lions do eat mule deer, but what do you think the 5 week rifle season does to them????????
The main ingredent for a big muley is "AGE" 7 years plus unless he has blessed gentics.
Just look at the best places to shoot a big muley and you will find one common theme and that is limited hunting by humans.

I agree as well, but the area we are talking about is limited hunting by humans.......the lions take a huge toll on them here without question.
I think the tags should be cut in half to assist even more allowing the deer to come back.

I have RMEF plates on my truck for a reason..never claim Bozeman when asking for access!

It is really sad. I grew up in the Gallatin valley and have seen it change from a cow town to a strip mall. People used to be proud of hailing from Bozeman.

Just like moving to the Root does not a Bitterrooter make...

Last edited:
I always like to paint a #1 in front of the 6 on my license plate during hunting season. It seems to help with access. If you leave it with 6 then you're a snobby Bozemanite that has too much money and is a hippy weed smoker.

Now you are claiming your a flatlander from my town::D Does it help?

I agree as well, but the area we are talking about is limited hunting by humans.......the lions take a huge toll on them here without question.
I think the tags should be cut in half to assist even more allowing the deer to come back.
Yesterday 07:10 PM

My wife drew the 270 deer a tag a couple of years ago. It was a total waste of time, nice country, not much for big deer.
Biggest buck we seen in 14 total days of hunting in the snow and rut, was a low 180 class buck. Biggest buck we seen dead in a pickup was a 155 class.
Hike many miles on gated roads, only cut one lion track the whole time lots of wolves.
Talking with some of the locals and they could talk about was the amount of poaching going on in the area, found two headless bodies during our time there. Also seen a guy quickly load up a spike muley and haul ass, turned it in at the game check don't know what happened after that.

Lions do eat mule deer, but what do you think the 5 week rifle season does to them????????
The main ingredent for a big muley is "AGE" 7 years plus unless he has blessed gentics.
Just look at the best places to shoot a big muley and you will find one common theme and that is limited hunting by humans.

The Bridgers have been on limited draw for many, many years.....

Breaks Runner I might have to ask for gps coordinates to some of your old haunts. I've got to try and find a needle in a haystack over here. I'll try my go to spots but don't be surprised if you get a pm.:)

Breaks Runner I might have to ask for gps coordinates to some of your old haunts. I've got to try and find a needle in a haystack over here. I'll try my go to spots but don't be surprised if you get a pm.:)

scan0011-2.jpg

You know where this is?

I'll tell you whatever you want know....I'll never hunt mule deer bucks there again, but that mountain range will always be special to me..

You're one of the few I know that really remembers what it used to be. Nothing like wading through 10" of fresh snow on a steep ridge and catching glimpses of those bruisers chasing does or cutting a monster track in the bottom of LS. Hopefully one will show up. Thanks

scan0011-2.jpg

You know where this is?

Exactly :D Spent many evenings and first lights in that special place. My nephew shot his first bull 2 years ago pretty close to that bucks location. Man there were some Monsters that worked their way down that ridge to that area. It's been slow lately.

scan0047-2.jpg

Another spot that used to be pretty good..

I think I mentioned this one to you earlier. That was my little brother that was with you when you shot that one that morning. Scary part was the big dude that was with him and slipped to the south after your shot.

Friends have told me that their "Eat more Beef" license plate on the front bumper helps in getting a "sure, go ahead" from the ranchers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back