Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bridger Bighorns?

I hope it finally comes together. We had it ready to go, twice, but each time one or two vocal parties put an end to it. The habitat is there.

I find it interesting that they think competition will occur between mule deer and bighorns. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the preferred feed for sheep was grasses, not browse and shrubs as is the case with mule deer.

I guess I learned something.

Wonder if Miller has any insight as to competiton among the bighorns and mule deer in the areas he oversees.

There is too much range there, winter or otherwise, to worry about competition between the mulies and sheep... That would be one cool place to hunt Big Horns someday!! what a beautiful little mountain range.

The FWP better double the Lion quota. Triple it would be much better and then have a great sheep and mule deer area. The stupid lions are whats keeping that from being a top notch mule deer unit as well.

The FWP better double the Lion quota. Triple it would be much better and then have a great sheep and mule deer area. The stupid lions are whats keeping that from being a top notch mule deer unit as well.

I've been doing my part on the cat population up there ;)

BTW Don't forget to buy your lion tags by Aug 31!

I think this would be a good move for a healthy herd in an isolated range. I have my doubts the mule deer would suffer because of sheep. I'll second the cat problem, also.

I think all 60 mule deer on that range would love some company.:rolleyes: We need to find a way to get the deer numbers back up. I would love to see sheep up there as well.

Give me those coordinates I will need them

OMG. Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :p

00146c4c.gif

Lions do eat mule deer, but what do you think the 5 week rifle season does to them????????
The main ingredent for a big muley is "AGE" 7 years plus unless he has blessed gentics.
Just look at the best places to shoot a big muley and you will find one common theme and that is limited hunting by humans.

Mtlion, Your x is off a couple hundred miles;)

I agree with Badland Cat on the numbers and season. I'm all for reduced tags and eliminating doe tags. Too much focus on wolves and elk in our region has put the Bridger deer herd on the back burner and unfortunately it is in the toilet compared to what it used to be.

Snobby Bitterrooter's always trying to entice people to stay away from their honey hole's by sending them east ;):D

LOL That's funny right there! Actually those snobby bitterrooters won't tell me where the honey holes are! I just moved here last Sept and have done my best to get the lay of the land. Honestly drove east myself for my elk and deer last year. Likely gonna do it again. Shhh.

Snobby Bitterrooters!

I called 100 landowners a few years ago to inquire about turkey hunting permission. All of them said NO except one. The other 99 all complained about that guy, "who just lets anyone go on his place." They didn't even know that he'd given me permission. They just hated him and wanted to complain about him giving permission to anyone.

What a place. They can have it!

Snobby Bitterrooters!

I called 100 landowners a few years ago to inquire about turkey hunting permission. All of them said NO except one. The other 99 all complained about that guy, "who just lets anyone go on his place." They didn't even know that he'd given me permission. They just hated him and wanted to complain about him giving permission to anyone.

What a place. They can have it!

You most likely were not talking to Bitterrooters. Like the Passenger Pigeon, Native Americans, and Bison, we're a very small minority here now. Just because you move to the Root, a Bitterrooter it does not make.

You most likely were not talking to Bitterrooters. Like the Passenger Pigeon, Native Americans, and Bison, we're a very small minority here now. Just because you move to the Root, a Bitterrooter it does not make.

I believe I totally agree with this. That one old guy I talked to that was so nice is the type of person you are talking about.Everyone else I talked to complained about the turkeys, but GIT OFF MA LAND!

Last edited:
Yep. It really helps to have at least 3 different brands of tires on your truck :D

I always like to paint a #1 in front of the 6 on my license plate during hunting season. It seems to help with access. If you leave it with 6 then you're a snobby Bozemanite that has too much money and is a hippy weed smoker.

Back