Bragging photo

Here's one from the Sun River. Had to wait for several hundred elk to cross the road in front of us. Pretty awesome sunrise.

RobG - looks like you got up the ridge on one of the good days. Quite the snail trail... I'm sure I was somewhere in front of you or behind you that day. Also cool photos on the Sky Rim, brought back some memories, I spent many days on that trail a couple of years ago.

I've probably posted this one before, but it's become one of my favorites.

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 841
That's a good one MHMT... Get up there early tomorrow to get some hikes in before they close it.

A cold late season cow elk hunt in Nevada

Attachments

• DSCN0939.jpg
    DSCN0939.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 812
Looking for billies in BC

Where in B.C.?

A friend of mine went in to Tweedsmuir P.P. and didn't come out. When the Mounties couldn't find him, his firm flew me and another of his friends up to look for him. The other friend told them our friend was a goat fanatic so the Mounties shifted their search and found him with a chopper while we were in the air on the way up from the U.S.. The Mounties flew me in and left me for a night and day to try and find his gear (no joy). He had died on the south side of the peak (Tweedsmuir, North), a few hundred meters from the top, with the most beautiful view in the world and surrounded by goat beds and goat hair all over the place, within mere inches of where he died. Awesome country! As I stood on the rock where he died, looking toward the coast range to the West, the U.S. to the South and forever to the East, the words of Emerson came to mind:

"Here we have sanctity which shames our religions and reality which discredits our heroes. Here find nature to be circumstance which dwarfs all other circumstance and judges like a god all men that come to her." R.W. Emerson.

Semper Fi back at you.

Last edited:
Wow James what a story! I was hunting west of Prince George near Alberta. I left my slippery goat on the mountain but will chase them again soon. My family always worries about my adventures and the dangers of our passion. I have told them numerous times if my demise is at the hands of mother nature then let it be. I died doing something I love to do.

GOD bless your buddy, family, and yourself. Always hard saying goodbye to a loved one.

Wow James what a story! I was hunting west of Prince George near Alberta. I left my slippery goat on the mountain but will chase them again soon. My family always worries about my adventures and the dangers of our passion. I have told them numerous times if my demise is at the hands of mother nature then let it be. I died doing something I love to do.

That about says it all right there.

When I wasn't on the mountain the Mounties put us up in their own homes (Burns Lake), their wives cooked the meals and they treated us like family. They fit the stereotype of the polite and friendly Canadian. I had to drive my friends car home and came down through Banf and Jasper and all the wonderful country. Coming from Colorado I thought we had mountains but boy that was some awesome scenery up there. Good luck on your next goat trip!

nice

i am just here for the pictures, the only way i get to see yall's part of the country, awesome pictures

Here is a picture from a few years ago when I made the drive up to the Tizer lakes in my 1 ton Diesel. Wont do that again.
Tizer%20Lakes_zpsppm0hnuz.jpg

Rob, that is why Bridger is awesome!
10" of new snow. Broke trail up the ridge this morning, did the point-n-pray down Hidden, three runs on the Os and one down stupor and quit in time to get some work done. That's why it is awesome :D

How was work? ;)

Attachments

• Hidden Gully.jpg
    Hidden Gully.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 302

Getting the clouds above the sun usually makes for a nice photo and they bracket mountains better than a blue sky. Nice. What's the deal with the draw behind the coyote? Is the water hot or is it just a creek that didn't freeze or ? Cool pics.

Awesome photos!

Big 28 it's crazy how similar S. AZ and S. Africa are, I hope to make it down there for a hunt someday.

Getting the clouds above the sun usually makes for a nice photo and they bracket mountains better than a blue sky. Nice. What's the deal with the draw behind the coyote? Is the water hot or is it just a creek that didn't freeze or ? Cool pics.

That was Yellowstone Park, back in 1978. A little seam of hot water near the Lamar Valley.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back