Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Brad Wenstrup - Ohio 2nd District

dcopas78

I have been writing Mr. Wenstrup for the past few months without any response, until yesterday. He is a nice enough guy, and I believe I voted for him before I started paying attention to the public land issues. I won't be when he is up for reelection. Typical transfer politician speak follows. As a wastewater treatment plant operator, I'm used to dealing with other peoples crap, but there isn't a plant large enough to treat the amount of crap these politicians spew. I just thought I would post this in case there are any other Hunttalkers out there that live in Ohio's 2nd Congressional District. I don't think it will change much since most voters around here are clueless. I try to educate people on the public lands issues as much as possible, but it's a tough one around here. Most have the "I've never been out west, I'm never going out west, I don't care" attitude. If I can do my small part to change a few minds, maybe I'm worthy of spending a few weeks in the mountains every fall. At least my coworkers are looking at it now and starting to consider it an important issue. They may never visit, but they are convinced now that if they do visit they would like to do so freely without worry of trespass.

Brad Wenstrup
Second District, Ohio

www.Wenstrup.House.Gov

Committee on Armed
Services

Committee on Veterans'
Affairs

Congress of the United States // House of Representatives // Washington, DC 20515

1318 Longworth Building
washington, d.c. 20515
(202) 225-3164

7954 Beechmont Avenue
Suite 200
Cincinnati, Ohio 45255
(513) 474-7777

170 North Main Street
Peebles, Ohio 45660
(513) 605-1380

4350 Aicholtz Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45245
(513) 605-1389
August 3, 2016
Dear Mr. Copas,

Thank you for contacting me regarding America's public lands. Your thoughts are important to me as I work to effectively represent you in Congress.

I believe all Americans should be able to enjoy our public lands. Our country is blessed with millions of acres of scenic lands and abundant natural resources. These lands and resources should be properly managed so they can be utilized and enjoyed by future generations of Americans. However, federal land-use regulations have become increasingly restrictive over the past several decades, which has negatively impacted local communities. In addition, the National Park Service is currently facing an $11.9 billion backlog of existing maintenance projects. Therefore, I believe we should work to reduce the federal government's land holdings overall and return more authority and control to state and local communities, where lands and natural resources can be more effectively managed.

As you may know, the House Natural Resources Committee has jurisdiction over legislation relating to federal lands. In April 2015, the Committee formed a congressional working group, led by Rep. Chris Stewart (R-UT), known as the Federal Land Action Group. The mission of this group is to develop a legislative plan to transfer public lands from the federal level to the state and local level. Since its creation, this group has held a series of forums that featured testimony from experts in public land policy. If you would like to voice your opinion to this group, you may do so here: https://stewart.house.gov/flag. Further, should any related legislation be considered by the full House, I will be certain to keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I invite you to visit my website, http://www.wenstrup.house.gov, where you can email me your thoughts or concerns on this or any other issue important to you, and sign up for my email updates.

Sincerely,
(signed)
Brad Wenstrup
Member of Congress
BW/RD

This is the beginning of an epic Letter to the Editor:

As a wastewater treatment plant operator, I'm used to dealing with other peoples crap, but there isn't a plant large enough to treat the amount of crap these politicians spew.

This is the beginning of an epic Letter to the Editor:

A couple years ago, city council wanted me to add a slogan to the official letterhead for the city departments. I used a pretty generic "Quality on tap" for the City Water logo. I wanted to use "We take crap from everybody" for the Water Reclamation department, but they wouldn't go for it..... :D

A couple years ago, city council wanted me to add a slogan to the official letterhead for the city departments. I used a pretty generic "Quality on tap" for the City Water logo. I wanted to use "We take crap from everybody" for the Water Reclamation department, but they wouldn't go for it..... :D

Small minded fools!

Seriously though, a letter to the editor is a great way to let elected officials know you are watching, and will not be dissuaded by form emails. It makes an impression.

At least you have gotten a response. My congressman isn't running for reelection leaving the seat open. So I called and emailed both the Democatic and Republican canadates running for the seat and neither have given me a response or a call back. Really I am stuck in between a rock and hard place. Regardless of their positions ...if I ever hear them articulate them, the Republican is a lobby hack that been in and out of elected positions for the last 30 years. When he loses he goes right back to being a lobbyist. And the democratic Canadate is an unapologetic gun grabber. Screwed either way.

Small minded fools!

Seriously though, a letter to the editor is a great way to let elected officials know you are watching, and will not be dissuaded by form emails. It makes an impression.
Hopefully a letter to the editor won't result in being Wittiched.

Back