Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 53219
  • Start date Start date
Its not called Home Ec anymore.
Family Consumer Sciences.

You dont need a foreign language to be successful. But it helps kids broaden their thought process learning about other cultures in this World.
Mexican is not a language, and neither is American.
Both my kids took Spanish. My son is ridiculously fluent and it helped him greatly when he worked construction in big sky. He can make sure my order is correct at Ramires!

I won’t complain one bit about Bozeman schools, but back when I was in high school in eastern MT - I was late for school and both principal and superintendent came out to see my buck from the morning and I had a .243 and 12 gauge hanging in the rear window fun rack.
 
Its not called Home Ec anymore.
Family Consumer Sciences.

You dont need a foreign language to be successful. But it helps kids broaden their thought process learning about other cultures in this World.
Mexican is not a language, and neither is American.
It was called Family Consumer Science back then. Everyone just called it Home Ec.

She taught cooking, sewing, family relations, child development, snd interpersonal development. Love that woman she’s a rockstar.

My favorite part about taking her classes was I could make coffee in one of the kitchens.

Now back to Bozemans greatness.
 
Both my kids took Spanish. My son is ridiculously fluent and it helped him greatly when he worked construction in big sky. He can make sure my order is correct at Ramires!

I won’t complain one bit about Bozeman schools, but back when I was in high school in eastern MT - I was late for school and both principal and superintendent came out to see my buck from the morning and I had a .243 and 12 gauge hanging in the rear window fun rack.
Pretty certain they dropped everything to see your 175" buck.
 
I wish I was fluent in Spanish. I get the bilingual Hispanics on my job sites to teach me relevant words and phrases. It’s way harder to retain when you’re over 40…

I should have paid more attention when I took it as an elective in high school.
Yeah, me too. I was fluent at a young age. My father's work took us to Spain for a year. Now both my parents and sister are still fluent, but I lost it. Not completely though.
I wouldnt mind living abroad immersed in a Spanish speaking culture , its probably the only way to get the full grasp. Probably wont happen, tough to pry me away from Montana.
 
The Mexican taco trucks in Bozeman are really good. Probably the best Mexican in the state. It must have something to do with the people making the food are…Mexican.

Mexican just tastes better when the cook doesn’t pronounce it peeeeko duh gal low
 
The Mexican taco trucks in Bozeman are really good. Probably the best Mexican in the state. It must have something to do with the people making the food are…Mexican.

Mexican just tastes better when the cook doesn’t pronounce it peeeeko duh gal low
If you're wondering why the local animal shelters are empty . . .
 
The Mexican taco trucks in Bozeman are really good. Probably the best Mexican in the state. It must have something to do with the people making the food are…Mexican.

Mexican just tastes better when the cook doesn’t pronounce it peeeeko duh gal low
Better than El Vaquero in Helena?
 
Better than El Vaquero in Helena?
I haven’t been the one in Helena, but the spot Kurt referenced has some solid tacos for a reasonable price. I usually go into a food comma after lunch there and it’s something like 10$ give or take. IMG_3202.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,113
Messages
2,250,206
Members
39,096
Latest member
Zmt406
Back
Top