Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

"Every guy on Tinder is holding a fish or something else he killed."

AUGH I was just talking about this the other day with some friends - there is a whole faction of women that don't like this (guys with fish/hunting pics in their dating profiles) which I THINK IS CRAZY. We agreed that holding a big fish or posing with a deer is awesome - it means a dude is outdoorsy, he has hobbies besides video games and IPAs. Single ladies need to check themselves if they keep writing off normal awesome dudes with fish pics.
I think there are two types of dudes though with one being genuine and the ladder being a total douchebag. There is the grip n grin photo where the fish/head is as stretched as close to the camera as possible and then there is the photo where the guy is just standing over the animal looking down on it in awe.

AUGH I was just talking about this the other day with some friends - there is a whole faction of women that don't like this (guys with fish/hunting pics in their dating profiles) which I THINK IS CRAZY. We agreed that holding a big fish or posing with a deer is awesome - it means a dude is outdoorsy, he has hobbies besides video games and IPAs. Single ladies need to check themselves if they keep writing off normal awesome dudes with fish pics.

ah but the problem here is, especially in colorado, dudes with fish pics on tinder mostly really only care about IPAs and golf.

i've decided fly fishing is like bow hunting... 95% of everyone only does for the superiority complex that comes with it and the associated ego boost that makes up for the empty freezers and nets.

ah but the problem here is, especially in colorado, dudes with fish pics on tinder mostly really only care about IPAs and golf.

i've decided fly fishing is like bow hunting... 95% of everyone only does for the superiority complex that comes with it and the associated ego boost that makes up for the empty freezers and nets.
Dead on. I pity the dating woman that has to figure out the difference between the outdoor type that really only cares about IPA/Golf and the outdoor type that supports public lands, wildlife management and self reliance on the outdoors.

I'd love it if a woman on a dating app was like "That fish looks awfully dry if you planned to release it. How many photos did you need to take holding it out of the water before you got the 'right one?'" Or, "Are there two gut shot arrow holes in that deer? Any meat salvageable after you took a 70 yard shot you hadn't practiced in 80 degree heat?"

I jest, but what I gathered from an informal survey in my long-gone online dating days was that women could deduce my outdoors acumen without me having to hit them over the head with a cutthroat trout.

I've thought about that complaint a bit in the past. The reality is that when guys go to set up these profiles and upload pictures, they scroll through their phones and the ONLY pictures they have of themselves just happen to be fish pics or dead animal pics. When else does a guy pose for a picture.

Its not like we are sitting in our cars taking duck faced selfies! LOL

1692373068669.png

I've thought about that complaint a bit in the past. The reality is that when guys go to set up these profiles and upload pictures, they scroll through their phones and the ONLY pictures they have of themselves just happen to be fish pics or dead animal pics. When else does a guy pose for a picture.

Yep, this is part of the problem. I remember back in my single days this was the problem I had. Only pictures I had with me in them was dead animals and wet fish. I do see the problem with trying to figure out the difference between the IPA/golf/hunting bro that is a douchebag and the real deal. But honestly I can usually tell the difference in one picture, although I doubt most women can, Montana natives or not.

I take exception to the flyfishing comment. Personally I like it because it keeps me busy, there is always something new to learn, something to do, a new challenge. Hands are always busy. I will do any kind of fishing though but flyfishing is my favorite because of those reasons. Don't get me wrong though, I also enjoy sitting on the bank or boat with a rod in one hand and a cold one in the other.

Blame it on Derek Zoolander

Ben Stiller in Zoolander 2001.

....this self absorbed twit needs to look around and check out the bad ass local women that aren't afraid to break a nail skiing the ridge, ice climbing, rock climbing, mountain biking, backpacking etc etc.
Bumped into a woman hiking a 60 mile loop in the Pintlers solo two years ago.
No cosmetic surgery needed.

....this self absorbed twit needs to look around and check out the bad ass local women that aren't afraid to break a nail skiing the ridge, ice climbing, rock climbing, mountain biking, backpacking etc etc.
Bumped into a woman hiking a 60 mile loop in the Pintlers solo two years ago.
No cosmetic surgery needed.

Spoken like a stereotypical Montana guy who wants a woman who is a useful life partner rather than a narcissistic effluencer.
Everyone knows that real men prefer plastic playthings whose contribution to society is dramatic commentary on the behavior of celebrities like Lizzo, and Ariana Grande.
🙄

I think there are two types of dudes though with one being genuine and the ladder being a total douchebag. There is the grip n grin photo where the fish/head is as stretched as close to the camera as possible and then there is the photo where the guy is just standing over the animal looking down on it in awe.
I think I'd still take take the d-bag. You know he at least got in a boat / got in a treestand / was outside for more than 23 minutes.

On the completely flip side of this my male friends will write off dating a woman if she has photos of her top-roping (she doesn't lead?) or skiing inbounds (she doesn't backcountry ski? lame). Or she's bouldering (she doesn't trad climb? gross) They wonder why they're still single.

On the completely flip side of this my male friends will write off dating a woman if she has photos of her top-roping (she doesn't lead?) or skiing inbounds (she doesn't backcountry ski? lame). Or she's bouldering (she doesn't trad climb? gross) They wonder why they're still single.

i always passed if there wasn't a mechanical bull somewhere in the mix

I enjoy hunting, Fly Fishing, Fishing(its different), and Golf. Thank god i'm already married, id be in trouble. Also I'm confused about the 42 and dating thing. What exactly does one look for when dating at 42. Is it more of a looking for someone to die with, or are we still looking for one night stands.

I enjoy hunting, Fly Fishing, Fishing(its different), and Golf. Thank god i'm already married, id be in trouble. Also I'm confused about the 42 and dating thing. What exactly does one look for when dating at 42. Is it more of a looking for someone to die with, or are we still looking for one night stands.
She’s probably looking for someone to talk about Taylor Swift and the Kardashians with and that will also be impressed by all her fancy purses

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back