Bozeman Area Round Table

Gerald Martin

The region 3 FWP listening session is scheduled for September 7 at FWP headquarters in Bozeman.

In my limited experience in attending planning sessions and trying to influence policy I have noticed that when multiple people raise similar issues, those issues tend to be addressed.

Given what seems to be the current trend in FWP management it’s more important than ever for hunters to be united and give cohesive arguments for what affects our interests.

Are there any other Bozeman area Hunttalkers who would be interested in meeting together before the FWP session to discuss the issues they are personally concerned with to see if we can help affect positive change at this session and on the future?

The evening of Sept.1, would suit me best. I am open to location ideas or we can meet at my place.

I already have one person interested in the concept so if this is something others are interested in sound off and let’s make it happen.

Last edited:
The R1 and R2 have been moderately attended. The Director has brought some other staff with him. The questions that were asked were tough in some places, but he did a good job in presenting his arguments even if you don't agree with some of them. I think this is an excellent idea and encourage others to utilize this type of access that hasn't been seen before.

I may not be able to make it that evening but I will if I can

Last edited:
I'd prefer to meet outdoors...

Who is the biologist for the Yellowstone/Shields area (Karen Loveless's old area)?

Can we get a list of topics (agenda) for this so everyone has a specific list of things they can begin thinking about before the 1st. I know a lot of it is in another thread but for simplicity sake I know I personally don't know all the specifics even after reading thru many of the threads.

I think that could be a quick way for us all to get on the same page and we can go line by line when the comments to FWP are needed.

just my two cents

Can we get a list of topics (agenda) for this so everyone has a specific list of things they can begin thinking about before the 1st. I know a lot of it is in another thread but for simplicity sake I know I personally don't know all the specifics even after reading thru many of the threads.

I think that could be a quick way for us all to get on the same page and we can go line by line when the comments to FWP are needed.

just my two cents
Good idea. There are a limited number of issues "on the table" which may be addressed with any impact. It would be most effective to decide on a few and develop solid, persuasive talking points to hammer on points with impact. Attempting to address the many issues would only dilute the message(s) IMO.

although I won't be attending the R3 FWP public listening session, I'm intrigued by the idea of discussing these important issues with like minded folks in the regional area. If you guys don't mind a Bozeman outsider sticking his nose in....
If you want to keep it to Bozeman area folks that may attend the R3 meeting, I understand that also and will bow out this time around. Thoughts?

although I won't be attending the R3 FWP public listening session, I'm intrigued by the idea of discussing these important issues with like minded folks in the regional area. If you guys don't mind a Bozeman outsider sticking his nose in....
If you want to keep it to Bozeman area folks that may attend the R3 meeting, I understand that also and will bow out this time around. Thoughts?
I am fine with interested folks who want to be part of the conversation from anywhere in MT. If any good ideas come out of this, I am hoping our willingness to engage the folks who can make decisions will spread to other regions as well.

I am fine with interested folks who want to be part of the conversation from anywhere in MT. If any good ideas come out of this, I am hoping our willingness to engage the folks who can make decisions will spread to other regions as well.
Keep us posted on what ideas get brought up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back