Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bowhunting blunders!!!

DKO

whats your worst bowhunting blunder ?????? and what were the results ?????

hears mine : i was somewhat late to my stand and was in a hurry, i got to the tree and prepared myself and settled in for the afternoon when about thirty minutes later i hear a rucus comming through the woods the next thing i see is a doe, mouth wide open gasping for air as a nice 8pt was running her down i quickly stood and got ready to draw.The deer came in so quick i didnt have time to react so trying to stop them i whistled and nothing, they didnt even break stride and kept right on going past my stand.
the next thing i know a monster buck comes in right after them so i just flat yelled at him to stop and he did perfect broadside 15yrd shot, i went to draw my bow and crash the thing blew apart!!! standing there dumbfounded i realized that i forgot to detach my pull cord that i use to hoist my bow and well ya see it pelled the string right off the cam like a tire machine would mount a tire!?!?!?
frown.gif
!

------------------

fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by DKO (edited 03-20-2001).]

Is shooting all your arrows at deer, then getting down and picking up the arrows to shot again a blunder or poor sportsmanship?
I was 12 and not a very good shot....use to get doe/buck fever real bad
biggrin.gif

I hunt near a bottleneck between two strip pits(this one doesn't have clothes either)and was sitting on the ground, literally. About an hour before dark a small 6pt. comes by at 10 yards and I shot under it!!!! I missed at 10yards!!! I will say this in my defense, that it is hard to pull and shoot a bow when you butt is flat on the ground.

Blunders? I have had a few.
smile.gif

The blunderious day I had was three years ago.

Often after work I would stop by a spot on the way home and hunt.

I was always rushed for time and in a hurry to get to the tree and get my climber up and get ready.

One day I got to the tree and got my climber on the tree and got up to where I would like to be at about 15 feet.

oooops, I had forgotten to tie my pull up string to the stand so back down I go.

Back up the tree and I get set up, well almost.I had left my release in the truck seat!!!Down the tree, back to the truck, which was about a quarter of a mile away.

Now I am back at the tree and get the stand up and I take an arrow out of the quiver and place the quiver on the back of the climber.

The seat shifts a little and the quiver falls to the ground. Not a problem!!!
I still have one arrow and thats all I need.

Thirty minutes go by and I see a doe and two yearlings making their way to where I was perched.

They passed about 10 yards behind me and I decided to take one of the younger deer .

I leaned out and turned around ,drew a good sight on the last one and whack!!!!

the bottom limb of my bow hit the stand and broke my wrist strap!!!!

the bow went farther than the arrow.
smile.gif

The deer just stood there looking at my bow and one actually walked over and sniffed it.

I couldn't run them off!!!!

I was moving and waving my arms around trying to get them away from the bow for fear of one of them stepping on it.

When I climbed down and examined the bow I found that the bottom cam had a big nick in it where it had hit the stand.

Bad day? Not, That is exactly what makes bowhunting so much fun.
smile.gif

I should have got back in the truck the first time when I went to get the release.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

QUITTERS NEVER WIN AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT
http://www.hunttalk.com

Last year was the first year I bowhunted for myself, and I had four chances close enuff for a shot. The first being a huge muley buck in my hay meadow. He was about 40 yards to 50 yards out and I shot under him. The next was an elk about thirty yards and I just couldnt bring myself to letting go!!! For several reasons but one was "CONFIDENCE"!! The next arrows was flung at a deer about twenty or so yards away, and I shot under him TWICE!!!! I think Chambo or Jason one of them told me I was pulling down anticipating the arrow hitting the deer. I will practice not pulling down when shooting!!! Dumb goof for sure!
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Experienced in rifle and hundgun hunting, I thought this bow business was going to be a walk in the park.
Wrong.
Sat in my home made mobile hide for two days before the first opportunity arose (my distance is still very limited).
As I was getting onto my knees into drawing position, I farted softly, just softly.

The warthogs are still running. http://home.mweb.co.za/ec/econhunt/ :eek:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back