Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bourbon Connoisseurs

Russell’s has some of the best bourbon values available right now. I can get their 10 year all day for $33 at Total Wine. I’m not aware of any other 10 years for even twice that price.
I had a “decade” sampling with a buddy and we tried all of my 10+ year bourbons side by side. We both preferred the Russell’s over Eagle Rare and put it just below Weller 12. Amazing for a $33 bottle.
Russell’s has some of the best bourbon values available right now. I can get their 10 year all day for $33 at Total Wine. I’m not aware of any other 10 years for even twice that price.

I had a “decade” sampling with a buddy and we tried all of my 10+ year bourbons side by side. We both preferred the Russell’s over Eagle Rare and put it just below Weller 12. Amazing for a $33 bottle.
Check out Coopers Craft barrel reserve 100 proof. IMO, better than Russell’s 10 or ER.

Had been wanting to try OF 1920...couldn't resist when it showed up in our local Costco.

20230906_154700.jpg

Quick test vs a couple other bottles. BT is smooth and easy but a bit outclassed in comparison, I'm sure the lower proof makes it not a fair contest.

20230906_162157.jpg
I'm not connoisseur enough to go into true tasting details, except to say I'm happy to have any of these on my shelf.

This was a store pick from the Denver area. First time I ever saw one on the shelf. MSRP to! I haven't seen 22A around here.

Had been wanting to try OF 1920...couldn't resist when it showed up in our local Costco.

View attachment 291111

Quick test vs a couple other bottles. BT is smooth and easy but a bit outclassed in comparison, I'm sure the lower proof makes it not a fair contest.

View attachment 291112
I'm not connoisseur enough to go into true tasting details, except to say I'm happy to have any of these on my shelf.
Damn I wish we could buy booze at Costco!

Let me know what you think of the Calumet. I was gifted a bottle, and the first taste to me was a bit on the peaty/scotch end of the spectrum. Wasn’t impressed at first, but it’s grown on me some in subsequent pours.
Costco had a 15 year too, I'll grab that next time if it's still in stock. I'm always a little leary of neck pours, always give it a bit to open up.

High West Dram, Act 11 limited release went on sale today. Stood in line at their Saloon for an hour to get my allotment. Usually sells out in just a day or two. This should hold me over until next year’s release 😆.

View attachment 296026
This may be the bottle I look for hardest each year.

That stuff is still like $140 a bottle right???

View attachment 291111

View attachment 291112

Been wanting to taste that OF 1920, wondered how it compares to the 1870?

IMG_2946.jpeg

Been wanting to taste that OF 1920, wondered how it compares to the 1870?

View attachment 296338
I am an OF fan. have 1870, 1897, 1910, 1920, and have drank Statesman. Have a couple of their SBs too.

1910, 1920, and single barrels are in a different class than the rest of their line. If you like a little higher proof give the 1920 a try. If you are a fan of waffles and maple syrup, 1910 is amazing.

This may be the bottle I look for hardest each year.

That stuff is still like $140 a bottle right???
$150 MSRP for this year’s Act. I paid $130 plus tax at High West. There’s some already posted on resell websites for $300-350. Craziness. I’ll keep one bottle, drink one and give the others as gifts.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back