MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bourbon Connoisseurs

I have become John Wick.
It’s not terrible but also not worth the $100 price in these parts. I’ve locked it up in the safe for future use to impress guests. IMG_5224.jpeg

Break that seal!!
Oh I did! I’ve had three separate glasses from it. Been wanting to try it for years but never could find it or when I did it was $200 or more.

My local place just happened to tell me they regularly have it but don’t put it out, it’s for customers like me. lol

Now I can say I’ve had it but Buffalo Trace is just as good to me.

Oh I did! I’ve had three separate glasses from it. Been wanting to try it for years but never could find it or when I did it was $200 or more.

My local place just happened to tell me they regularly have it but don’t put it out, it’s for customers like me. lol

Agreed. But in my parts, Buffalo Trace is just about as scarce.

Agreed. But in my parts, Buffalo Trace is just about as scarce.
I’ve seen others say the same yet I can walk into the little liquor store on the edge of my dry county and get a bottle almost every time.

It’s really weird how the distribution works. Back when I lived in the big city, my liquor store was about the size of a Walmart and had some really great products, yet I never saw Blantons until I moved and shopped smaller stores.

I don’t know if this counts but I found this in the little store outside the town I hunt in central TX. Never heard of it or seen it before. I think it was $25 for that little bottle. Every time I took a sip I heard George Jones sing “Whshhhoooh... white lightnin”
IMG_5229.jpeg

Yeah, the days are long gone when you can find it for $40 and collecting dust. I can think of several other $60-70 bottles I would buy before Blantons, and enjoy more.

Yeah, the days are long gone when you can find it for $40 and collecting dust. I can think of several other $60-70 bottles I would buy before Blantons, and enjoy more.
OK help a brother out here. I have some more Christmas gifts to buy. Do tell on the other $60-$70 bottles other than Blantons! I learned it varies a lot by state. I stopped in North Dakota a while back and it was like they were giving Colonel EH Taylor away compared to what it cost in MT.

OK help a brother out here. I have some more Christmas gifts to buy. Do tell on the other $60-$70 bottles other than Blantons! I learned it varies a lot by state. I stopped in North Dakota a while back and it was like they were giving Colonel EH Taylor away compared to what it cost in MT.
Elijah Craig 8 or 9 year(C923 if you can find it, I bought four bottles at my Costco for $65/ea)
Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
4 Roses Single Barrel
Frey Ranch-May have to buy online
Smoke Wagon, both Uncut the younger and Uncut Unfilitered(a bit more)
Larceny Barrel Proof-lots of this showing up at Costco's
Barrell(might be a bit more depending on your local stores)
Bakers 7 Single Barrel
Redwood Empire Pipe Dream(Cask Strength for a bit more)
Ezra Brooks Cast Strength

I'll have to check my inventory for a few others.

Elijah Craig 8 or 9 year(C923 if you can find it, I bought four bottles at my Costco for $65/ea)
Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
4 Roses Single Barrel
Frey Ranch-May have to buy online
Smoke Wagon, both Uncut the younger and Uncut Unfilitered(a bit more)
Larceny Barrel Proof-lots of this showing up at Costco's
Barrell(might be a bit more depending on your local stores)
Bakers 7 Single Barrel
Redwood Empire Pipe Dream(Cask Strength for a bit more)
Ezra Brooks Cast Strength

I'll have to check my inventory for a few others.
Don't forget about Wild Turkey Rare Breed. For a 50 dollar bill you'll get one of THE best bourbons on the planet, and it's available just about everywhere.

I’ve seen others say the same yet I can walk into the little liquor store on the edge of my dry county and get a bottle almost every time.

It’s really weird how the distribution works. Back when I lived in the big city, my liquor store was about the size of a Walmart and had some really great products, yet I never saw Blantons until I moved and shopped smaller stores.
Small town people don’t buy based on internet BS like city people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back