Bourbon Connoisseurs

W12 is retail $40 but real world $250. Paid $80 for it. Eagle Rare was $80 as well.

Just lucked out and they had two bottles on the shelf and we bought them.

That’s not too bad. I have actually been seeing ER a little more often around MN and the prices have come back down to the $35-40 range. Lots more BT around too. Knock on wood, but it seems like things are coming back down to earth a bit.

As for W12, I have had a couple bottles, but at some point realized I like the Antique 107 better. If you are looking for a really good wheated, find and Old Elk Wheated Bourbon. It is real nice… It blew the doors off that makers.

IMG_4084.jpeg

Skipped to the end here and not sure if it's been mentioned but my current go to is tin cup. Got sick of begging liquor stores here to get things out of the back room that used to be on shelf at half the price

a little gimmicky, a bit expensive, but it is indeed good.

wife loves it, so we might have to keep a bottle around for special occasions.

View attachment 273116
I’ve yet to buy a Tin Cup or Stranahans.

I did pick these up recently, haven’t cracked the Penelope.

Attachments

• 70321286370__B0AE67E9-BFA9-416D-8808-7C9D4AC4C80F.fullsizerender.jpeg
    70321286370__B0AE67E9-BFA9-416D-8808-7C9D4AC4C80F.fullsizerender.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 70321029282__08EED470-1FA8-4F9F-9561-5BD84EB886C3.jpeg
    70321029282__08EED470-1FA8-4F9F-9561-5BD84EB886C3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Been likin the Weller’s Special Reserve …. Not a ton of stuff in my area so it was a good find…

I’ve yet to buy a Tin Cup or Stranahans.

i'm pretty partial to stranahans. we try to always have a bottle of standard stranahans. i'm generally more "into" single malts than bourbon is part of the reason.

stranahans just has a flavor i really like. for me, it always needs one small ice cube though.

sherry cask stranahans is solid

Wellers and Eagle Rare were always go to's for me. Tin Cup came out tasters choice at a blind a guy does in our area. Beat some really good bottles and they redid it a couple weeks later and came out on top again. I've only tried their 10 year.

i'm pretty partial to stranahans. we try to always have a bottle of standard stranahans. i'm generally more "into" single malts than bourbon is part of the reason.

stranahans just has a flavor i really like. for me, it always needs one small ice cube though.

sherry cask stranahans is solid
I need to grab a bottle sooner or later of each. I am in a couple CO Bourbon/Whiskey groups on FB and I know several guys give good reviews.

I need to grab a bottle sooner or later of each. I am in a couple CO Bourbon/Whiskey groups on FB and I know several guys give good reviews.

speaking of colorado bourbon/whiskey i did buy a bottle of this once and IMO there is a very good reason it's covered in san francisco double gold and other award stickers

1683148248528.png

Sipping on Leadslingers tonight. Took me awhile to find it a few years ago and taking me longer to drain it. Not bad but won’t be buying it again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Added a new Rye from a bottle signing yesterday. Will Summers from Horse Soldier Bourbon was at my local shop.

You may not recognize the name, but if you’ve read the book Horse Soldiers or seen the movie 12Strong, you know the story.
IMG_7123.jpeg

I can get Buffalo and Weller almost every trip to the the store here. I just recently found out through casual conversation that get Blanton in all the time and had six bottles last week, they just don’t put it out on the shelf. Would you pay $100 for a bottle? My brother in law paid $200 and said it’s not worth it. I feel like $100 seems decent.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back