Bounty Hunting

...minus most of the fencing... ;)

Funny thing is that for some species in some units your odds are better as a non-resident IIRC.

I have my own oppinion on this and I will share SOME of it. I don't know if Jimmy bought a tag or drew it.. Sorry, that is the truth. I never thought to ask? I have never met the guy but he certainly has a back ground with hunting.

Even though there are several guys photographed, this bull eluded them for several weeks. It was never a "sure thing" to kill him. The chances were certainly better with the more help. They call this bull lucky for a reason... he eluded EVERYONE last year.. and he was just as well known.

As for the tags... I get pretty depressed seeing how many conservation tags this state gives to SFW/RMEF,MDF ect ect... SFW had the sportsmens tag holders deer displayed in their booth last year. They gave the guy's son a book cliffs tag just to display it.. what kind of shit is that? Makes me sick actually.

Also, as much as I like Denny Austad, it really sucks knowing he can hunt the pahvant/henrys every year and I will never draw either of those tags in my lifetime. Utah should make EVERYONE wait 5 years.. Not just the people who have to apply for the tags and wait a lifetime to draw them. Once a guy draws, he still has to compete with some of the best guides in the world.. that is pretty tuff as well.

As for the tags... I get pretty depressed seeing how many conservation tags this state gives to SFW/RMEF,MDF ect ect... SFW had the sportsmens tag holders deer displayed in their booth last year. They gave the guy's son a book cliffs tag just to display it.. what kind of shit is that? Makes me sick actually.

Also, as much as I like Denny Austad, it really sucks knowing he can hunt the pahvant/henrys every year and I will never draw either of those tags in my lifetime. Utah should make EVERYONE wait 5 years.. Not just the people who have to apply for the tags and wait a lifetime to draw them. Once a guy draws, he still has to compete with some of the best guides in the world.. that is pretty tuff as well.

I would have to agree with browtine, especially about the waiting period.

Snake,

I think the point being made here is its not occurring with just the Gov tags. It is going on with EVERY conservation tag.. and there are ALOT of those :(

New Mexico does a decent job with Landowner tags, I think. The landowner has the choice of getting tags good only on his land (and he can keep his land closed) or he can get "unit-wide" tags but he then has to open his land to the public for hunting.

Landowner tags encourage landowners to maintain land for wildlife and help keep the land open for wildlife. Maybe they help keep a few ranches from being sold for condos or ranch estates.

I have no problem with ONE tag being auctioned for each species, or even one tag auctioned and one tag raffled. But I agree that having multiple tags going to the highest bidder is not a good idea. Besides, having only one tag will make the price higher, and if raising money is the point, this makes more sense.

Right or wrong, he who crosses the maitre de's palm with most benjamins gets the best table.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back