Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bobcat hunting

If bobcats are the easiest to call in then I'm missing something. I've called in a bunch of coyotes and been busted or skunked by a whole bunch more but I never have called in a bobcat. Could be that I never saw them I suppose, I never thought of that.

Rancher,
Maybe you're not calling in good bobcat habitat. Like Danny said....rocky hills, mountain terrain, and thick brushy areas with trees is where you'll generally find bobcats. I'm sure some of these fellas could give you more tips on what types of areas to set up in to target bobcats.
Doug

I've got the country for them I see them fairly regularly while I'm out riding colts or feeding/checking on cows or whatever. Surprisingly enough I've rode up on them curled up behind a mesquite bush out on a wide open flat, no trees/brush for a mile or more around. I'm thinking that its more of a patience deal and I'm just not looking right, kinda like getting used to seeing deer or something, the first one is the hardest. I'm gonna keep reading here though. Someone will come up with the magic combination that I'm missing and then I'll be whipping bobcat ass in no time.
wink.gif

Rancher watch the barometer. When it's falling day or nite, go hunting. We seem to have the best luck with a higher pitched call. It certainly takes more patience to call cats and stay on a stand longer than you would a coyote. Scent don't seem to matter to them , but noise and movement certainly does. We called three last nite when it was too windy to call coyotes or fox. Bob

i have found that calling cats can be done on perpose but i make each stand by known tracks and its better after noon than morning
i like to use the cotten tail call then switch to a bird this sometimes causes hidden cats to show themself so befor i give up on a set i change to a bird call just to make sure he isn't hiding out there looking at me

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back