Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Blizzard. Send help.

haha you got me to look, "click-bait" 😁 The suburban areas of New England used to be the same way as soon as snow was forecasted the stores would be out of bread and milk by the end of the day, SMFH never understood the way people hoard shit, so GD stupid....

Visiting family in Virginia. Was stuck in traffic not moving for an hour because of an inch or two of snow. There wasn't even an accident.

even in colorado the front range stores get sold out of french toast supplies if there is more than 4 inches in the forecast.

i just don't get it. if the forecast called for 4 feet in 36 hours and staying below freezing for the next 14 days it might make sense to raid the kroger dairy aisle 🤷‍♂️

Thank you all for your concern, it appears we have dodged a major bullet. Just when things were getting grim and I was considering buying a snow shovel, the strange falling powder subsided and gave way to our great nuclear friend. I do wonder how we will survive the night with temperatures approaching 12 degrees below freezing (F), but we will persevere. 20220103_150419.jpg

Same here, first forecasted snowfall of over an inch and there is a run on bread, milk, eggs and TP. Right now there seems to be a shortage of 1lb propane tanks 🤷‍♂️.

the low here, for a few hours, was 29° last night. People are covering their pipes, and leaving their water dripping. I stated on the community Facebook page that water inside of a 2 inch pipe does not instantaneously flash freeze at 31.99°

You would think I suggested that people burn their own homes down.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back