Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Blizzard. Send help.

Weather guessers here we’re saying 8-10” of snow and 50mph winds for last Saturday. Got cows hayed, blades thrown in tractors ready to do battle with the snow. We got maybe 2” and the wind didn’t blow.

Oh well, I’ll be prepared for next time when they call for a dusting and we get a foot.

News said expect 4-6 inches and temps in the singles,so when I got 14-16", w/ knee high drifts and -5 we were prepared. Sort of. We were running out of munchies.

I did a trip into town today,on the freeze to fill the tank,mail and get the munchie stash refilled. I find my new meat grinder at my gate,buried under the snow....and not in plastic bag. Golly gosh I said...
My road is the usual fun zone when your the 1st out or in.
I meet my neighbor a few miles down the county road on the grader. We wave at each other. Howdy.
A couple miles further there's a truck off the road buried under snow on the right. And there is another on the left,in the ditch,buried. Fed Ex & UPS..... 2 more cars on the way to the hwy. The PieWay is an icy mess. Cars along the way.
Store is busy with the morning crowd. No one there but the owners....stocking the chips & such. Fresh snacks! I grab some green chilis and several bags of Rio's favorites. Talk is of broken pipes & snow drifts,elk herds in the snow.
Fill up the tank at the station and there are several FE & UPS guys,standing around. Others with broke down or snow bound somewhere. I drop my saw with Jerry to fix the pull cord and he's all smiles. Everyone with emergencies waiting on Jerry to get them.
Jerry smiles and says come back in a day,he's the only one that made it in today. He knows where 2 trucks are, and I smile back at him.
Mail my packet to G&F,get my pension statement & collect a new John Prine album. Cool. My pension got another 3% COLA.
Now the road is bladed and a breeze heading home and the temp is hitting 36. The only traffic is a big herd of elk crossing. The mud has started.

Rio foams when he eats pretzels I notice this afternoon. My box is almost dry now. Snow is melting fast.

No need to send help. Rio is eyeballing the chili cheese fritos.

News said expect 4-6 inches and temps in the singles,so when I got 14-16", w/ knee high drifts and -5 we were prepared. Sort of. We were running out of munchies.

I did a trip into town today,on the freeze to fill the tank,mail and get the munchie stash refilled. I find my new meat grinder at my gate,buried under the snow....and not in plastic bag. Golly gosh I said...
My road is the usual fun zone when your the 1st out or in.
I meet my neighbor a few miles down the county road on the grader. We wave at each other. Howdy.
A couple miles further there's a truck off the road buried under snow on the right. And there is another on the left,in the ditch,buried. Fed Ex & UPS..... 2 more cars on the way to the hwy. The PieWay is an icy mess. Cars along the way.
Store is busy with the morning crowd. No one there but the owners....stocking the chips & such. Fresh snacks! I grab some green chilis and several bags of Rio's favorites. Talk is of broken pipes & snow drifts,elk herds in the snow.
Fill up the tank at the station and there are several FE & UPS guys,standing around. Others with broke down or snow bound somewhere. I drop my saw with Jerry to fix the pull cord and he's all smiles. Everyone with emergencies waiting on Jerry to get them.
Jerry smiles and says come back in a day,he's the only one that made it in today. He knows where 2 trucks are, and I smile back at him.
Mail my packet to G&F,get my pension statement & collect a new John Prine album. Cool. My pension got another 3% COLA.
Now the road is bladed and a breeze heading home and the temp is hitting 36. The only traffic is a big herd of elk crossing. The mud has started.

Rio foams when he eats pretzels I notice this afternoon. My box is almost dry now. Snow is melting fast.

No need to send help. Rio is eyeballing the chili cheese fritos.
Stay safe, my friend! ;)

I don't complain when the temperature reaches 115 degrees but I bitch and moan this time of year. It got down to 27 degrees last night and I've been whining like a schoolgirl. We had snow here too. A few years ago.

Record highs last week, this nonsense today. Haven't been to the store today but I'm sure Walmart is sold out of French toast supplies (milk, bread, and eggs).View attachment 207652
Dang that looks like north Carolina... Back in (cough cough) 2000, a few inches of snow fell while was living there and I was the only person on the road , it was a blast

even in colorado the front range stores get sold out of french toast supplies if there is more than 4 inches in the forecast.

i just don't get it. if the forecast called for 4 feet in 36 hours and staying below freezing for the next 14 days it might make sense to raid the kroger dairy aisle 🤷‍♂️
I blame the California crowd!

Dang that looks like north Carolina... Back in (cough cough) 2000, a few inches of snow fell while was living there and I was the only person on the road , it was a blast
Yep, NC. The best part about when we get "major" snow events is that it all melts within the week. Although a couple years ago we did get a week with a 3 day stretch of highs under 10.

North East Oregon is getting pounded. Cat and I drove down to Cabo. Think we’re staying for awhile

Attachments

• 0A8DEA7D-560E-4B39-A82B-A5327E206FBD.jpeg
    0A8DEA7D-560E-4B39-A82B-A5327E206FBD.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 9DCCB981-9707-4E14-AE40-6F4FFDDFF7F9.jpeg
    9DCCB981-9707-4E14-AE40-6F4FFDDFF7F9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • E5997440-02A0-4C3E-98EE-3ACA18A615E2.jpeg
    E5997440-02A0-4C3E-98EE-3ACA18A615E2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 39

Latest posts

Forum statistics