Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Blessed with a bull

I am finally able to get on and post a picture of my 2015 Montana archery bull. After countless chances and sightings and frustrating ups and downs, I was finally able to connect on my second bull in two years with my bow.

I was headed back to the truck and rounded a corner into a wide open field and there he was feeding about 170 yards away with nothing between us but a 6 foot jack pine. I tried to sneak closer in the tall grass on my hands and knees but every step i took he looked up. I got be hind that tree and decided my only option was to try a cow call and see what happened (I figured the rut was over and he wouldn't care much about the call). To my surprise he looked up and came running right at me presenting me with a nice 60 yard shot. I drew my bow and leaned out from behind the tree, settled the pin and let it fly. I heard the arrow hit and he took off running. He stopped with his head down limping after about 150 yards and i watched him walk into the trees almost falling over. The blood trail was a red highway that led me right to him after the longest hour wait of my life!

I am so blessed to have gotten my second bull in two years. He isn't a giant but still a trophy in my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,081
Last edited:
I would like to thank my brother for driving an hour from Helena to help pack him out too! We took it all out in one trip and my Mystery Ranch was pushed to the limits but it held up better than my legs did!

Cool! Thanks for sharing. You and your brother make pretty good pack mules.

Cool! Thanks for sharing. You and your brother make pretty good pack mules.

We get that call from all of our friends... sometimes it sure feels like thats all we are good for! But its great to share the memories with the people we help pack for.

congrats,nice bull and looks like a fighter from the broken tips of his rack.You learned to never give up and try anything cause it couldn't hurt.And you were rewarded.Any archery bull is a trophy in my book,and you have some great meat
congrats again

congrats,nice bull and looks like a fighter from the broken tips of his rack.You learned to never give up and try anything cause it couldn't hurt.And you were rewarded.Any archery bull is a trophy in my book,and you have some great meat
congrats again

I did learn to never give up. I was discouraged and beat down after many stocks and missed shots and missed opportunities. Thanks for the words of encouragement

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back