Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Blame the Welfare Rancher??? Why

I can understand that LA, as it is very prevalent here in UT, especially with all the railroad easements that were turned back over to the state or feds. Hell, I even know of some public land with access that has been tied up in the CWMU program here!!!

Nut- Kinda hard to fly a 500+ pound animal out on one. Could they then be fined for wanton waste?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-10-2003 08:07: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

GREAT post above Buzz!

There are big landowners in every state, and I have owned smaller parcels myself. I did't want tresspassers on my 100 acres, and don't think it should be any different to the guy that owns a 100 thousand acres. Quit whining and deal with it...
rolleyes.gif

Buzz, as much as it is out of character to say it, that is a great post. You've characterized just about everything that needs be said about landowners... Well done...

cool.gif

The take on TED TURNER is he married that traitor JANE FONDA! i don`t care if she can SUCK START A HARLEY! it show`s his lack of common sense. just my opinion.

Paul, theres no disputing that Ted doesnt really care that much for cattle. But how many sheep ranchers like cattle? His business is in Bison.

Maybe Ted is smart enough to hire the best guy for the job he needs done on his land, and doesnt let someones personal beliefs get in the way of that.

Remember this Phillips dude is an endangered species expert, not a bison expert, Ted has other people hired for that.

I also dont think theres a conspiracy theory going on with regard to Turner. I think he's just interested in trying to do what he feels is the right thing, a couple of which are saving endangered species and taking care of the land. I find it difficult to fault a guy that funds endangered species with his own money, puts them on his land, cooperates with the various agencies, etc. My feeling is good for him, thats money that joe tax-payer doesnt have to shell out.

Even if Turner and Phillips WANTED to get all the cattle off the Public range, they couldnt get it done, ever. It just wont happen, they dont control any federal agency. I'd say that Turner Enterprises has about as much influence with the various agencies as say FNAWS, MDF, RMEF, etc. Sure they have more clout than you and I as an individual, but they still cant just make federal and state policy by ringing the local field offices. If I was you, I wouldnt waste my time worrying about what Mike Phillips or Ted Turner think about cattle and wolves.

cjcj, common sense? You of all people have no room to judge anyones common sense, on anything. Especially a guy who had enough of it (common sense) to build a media empire, buy up more land than the Nature Conservancy, donate a cool billion to charity, and still find time to fly fish and hunt all the time. Yep, he's a real idiot all right.
yawn.gif

Buzz,

Teddy never donated a cool billion to charity. He said he was going to, but after his stocks took a big digger, he backed off on those promises for now.

Paul

Buzzboy i`m starting to think you can`t read! where did i call Ted turner an idiot? let`s not get carried away here didn`t he inherit his start up money from daddy? all i said was about his X- wife HANOI JANE get a grip DUDE!

Never heard that Ted did not fulfill his promise, but I will take your word for it.

BTW, is the United Nations a charity organization?
confused.gif

cjcj, are you suffering from Alzheimers or what?

Whats this statement here, made by you in the above post?: "it show`s his lack of common sense."

Not sure how you interpret the English Language, but my interpretation, taken literally, states that you think Turner doesnt have any common sense.

Maybe all those illegals have you understanding the wrong language? Maybe you could get you some of that there college learnin' to go with all those street smarts.
rolleyes.gif

Paul,

You are right on Turner backing down from the Billion to the UN, as his holdings have shrunk due to the AOL fiasco. But I don't know that you can say he has not given a Billion to charity, as he was giving for many years. But in any event, a Billion$$$ is a bunch.

But I am interested in the comments on Mike Phillips. Do you only hire people that agree with you, and have the same idealogy as you? What does that do for your business?

I would never want to hire people that have the same opinons/ideas as me. I would think that makes for poor decisions and kills creativity. It is only with a rich and varied set of opinions and ideas can you discuss and determine the best course of action in business. I won't tell you how to run your business, but you might consider hiring people with different thought processes than yourself as it works for many other organizations.

Salmonchummer,

Are you relateted to Elkgunner? You are right. Next time I hire a carpenter, he will be a long haired, nipple pierced, dope smoking, tatoo covered, anti hunting vegan. During the work week if he wants to protest any timber sales, or bison hunts, I will give him time off, with pay. What an open minded business man I am!

Paul

Paul,

So if I showed up on your job site with my 12-pack of Mt. Dew, framing hammer, a tool belt, and the Skil Model 77 that I bought brand new back in 1982, you wouldn't hire me because I think Idaho's rivers need to be filled with wild Salmon and Steelhead for sportsmen to catch? Because I think it is important to have adequate habitat for Elk?
eek.gif
What if I offer to let you look for any piercings or tattoos? Hell, I'll even offer to let you watch me piss in a cup once a week so you can run it to the local lab (just don't mix it up with your coffee cup
biggrin.gif
)

And if you think the only people with different viewpoints than you are "a long haired, nipple pierced, dope smoking, tatoo covered, anti hunting vegan", then you better think again.
Next time you get on an airplane, and you head to your seat in the back, Row 22, Seat E, take a look at the guy sitting in Row 1, Seat B, sipping Champagne in a real glass, eating them mixed nuts (way toooooo many Cashews in my opinion) and wearing the hand tailored suit. As he has a much different viewpoint than you....
cool.gif

Later,
The SalmonGunner....

PS>. By the way, how much you have to pay for framers up there now days? And can you really hire ones without long hair or tattos?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> he will be a long haired, nipple pierced, dope smoking, tatoo covered, anti hunting vegan. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Guess I shouldn't look into work there!!
wink.gif

That gate swings the other way also. Many of the ultra-conservative 'good 'ol boys' I've met are just as much out there.

1-Pointer

What do you suppose the fact someone is a Vegan would preculde them from getting a job swinging a hammer?

Is there something wrong with being a Vegan?
confused.gif

The lack of protein would not allow them to build adequate muscle to be able to lift the framing hammer all day long. That will be $100 for my clinical diagnosis.

Actually, I used to be VERY intolerant of other types of people. Heck, is high school I even attended a KKK meeting at the invite of a 'friend'. Going to college (a liberal arts on at that), meeting people from varied backgrounds, and moving to UT (where I'm the minority) has made me much more tolerable. I don't think Paul holds those views too much to heart, just trying to get someone riled up.

I doubt he holds too fast to his views that he comments here... that he, like most others, posts here for entertainment purposes only....

You suppose the pay check would be dated "1963?
wink.gif

Hey I like vegans. The skinny little pussies taste good if you skin them and cook them!

Paul

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 07-15-2003 20:24: Message edited by: BigHornyRam ]</font>

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back