Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Black Velvet

TBinKodiak

Well I always wanted one in velvet so when I spotted this guy this morning I dropped the hammer on him. His left horn is a little lacking, but 16.5" inside spread isn't bad for a Sitka BT. I still have a couple friends looking for bucks and 2 more tags for off the roadsystem so I still got some hunting to do this fall. Also leaving for the sheep hunt in 2 weeks, hopefully a 40" ram will be this easy... :rolleyes:

Aug09Buck.jpg

Aug09Buck1.jpg

Aug09Buck2.jpg

That's a really nice buck! Too bad his left side doesn't match the right. Man, I'll bet he is going to taste good this time of year.

The first Hunt Talk kill pic of the year. Very cool TB. Thanks for posting and good luck on that sheep hunt.

Great buck,must be one long season on those deer.How long does it run?

great buck and nice pics TB!!!!

If your around in a month indian larry and I will have to meet up with ya for a beer.

Great buck,must be one long season on those deer.How long does it run?

The season runs Aug 1st to Oct 31 on the NE end of the island, better known as the roadsystem. Its open Aug 1st to Dec 31st off the roadsystem and it's 3 bucks.

great buck and nice pics TB!!!!

If your around in a month indian larry and I will have to meet up with ya for a beer.

I should be around, what are you guys going to be hunting for?

indian larry has a mt goat tag and I want to get a couple foxes. We will be there mid sept! We'll buy the beer!

Way to go TB. How does the pup get along with the pack and what do you put in it?

Think I could get mine to carry in the duck decoys? ;)

I know very little of the Sitka other than what I have seen on TV. Looks like a very nice buck to me!! Congratulations. I'm was curious....does your dog hunt by your side on deer hunts? If so that is very cool and must be one heck of a well mannered and trained lab.

I know very little of the Sitka other than what I have seen on TV. Looks like a very nice buck to me!! Congratulations. I'm was curious....does your dog hunt by your side on deer hunts? If so that is very cool and must be one heck of a well mannered and trained lab.

Well he isn't that well trained, but he does stick close. He usually packs his treats, food and a couple bottles of water. If I take a deer he caries any non essentials I have. He has been known to lay down in muck holes so no electronics. I can load him down with about 15lbs of stuff and he doesn't seem to mind at all. He actually likes his pack, because when I pull it out he knows he's going for a long walk.
I took a friend out once that shot a buck facing him. No blood what-so-ever and we looked around for half an hour. Forgot about the dog, but once we gave up, figuring he must have missed the deer, I hollered for him. He came out of a patch of alders about 75 yards away and stood there. Sure enough the buck was piled up in there. He was a happy boy when we came down there, jumping around with this "look what I found" look on his face. :D

Nice buck! I hope I can tag one like that on my Afognak hunt......after the bear, I hope. 49 more days!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back