Yeti GOBOX Collection

Black Montana Wolf Down!

We got the idea from the wolf that got shot on Randy's hunt last year. Was that you Critter? Either way it was just like packing out an elk quarter. Took it whole to the taxidermist and let him skin it out.

Have to admit it is one of the best looking wolves i have seen taken by a hunter...well done..amazing to see that slinking through the timber with a tag in the pocket...great photo's

We got the idea from the wolf that got shot on Randy's hunt last year. Was that you Critter? Either way it was just like packing out an elk quarter. Took it whole to the taxidermist and let him skin it out.

LOL, yep, that was me;) I hope you have better luck after skinning than I did. Turns out, my wolf hide just may be ruined. Apparently, after it was skinned and salted, Hide beetles found their way into my wolf pelt and they ate holes all over in it!:mad::mad::mad::mad: Taxidermist says it may not be salvageable at all..........waiting for it to get tanned to see if it even makes it through that process in one piece.....:(

LOL, yep, that was me;) I hope you have better luck after skinning than I did. Turns out, my wolf hide just may be ruined. Apparently, after it was skinned and salted, Hide beetles found their way into my wolf pelt and they ate holes all over in it!:mad::mad::mad::mad: Taxidermist says it may not be salvageable at all..........waiting for it to get tanned to see if it even makes it through that process in one piece.....:(

That's a bummer. We took it whole to the taxidermist so he could do the skinning. His coat was perfect and we'd never skinned an animal for a full mount. If your gonna spend 2K+ for a full body mount then I'll choose him skinning it out anyday. That's if you can get it out whole. It wasn't light but it was worth it. Hopefully I'll connect on one this winter and we can pack another one out whole :)

Nice pics great story!
That last picture is great , it's probably too late but you might consider placing your water mark to where it is'nt easily cropped out. From what you say in your post I'm sure your pic has already been "stolen" and you will see it published some where in the future.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

That sucks. Who the hell leaves their beetles anywhere near hides?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back