Black Hills deer for the MT guy

mtmiller

I haven't hunted the Hills in more than 15 years, but drew this year and gave it a shot. Spent most of my vacation chasing the prairie deer, but couldn't find one I really wanted to take home. That season ended Sunday, so I have been chasing Hills deer since. I have seen quite a few bucks, but only one that was a damn nice one. I missed, too many damn trees in this country.:D

Anyway, went out today and put on some miles. I wasn't able to get a good look at this guy as he was moving though the trees, but he looked good enough for me.

Not a monster by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a fun hunt and I got some exercise (bastage was in quite a hole).:BLEEP:

These guys are just the right size for hauling out in a single load. Wasn't too bad of a hike (except the first 300 yards) and only took about 45 minutes.

Guess I am done for the year unless I can find a few birds when I get back north. I know Axl is sick of the deer hunting.:D

TheTone

Nice buck Miller. Seeing all these dead whitetails on here this year makes me a little jealous.

Greenhorn

Nice buck and photograph! But why is it in most of the pictures with dead deer you look like you've dug a hole behind the animal to sit in? Where the hell are your legs? Not that I want to see your legs... just want to know if you really dig a hole.. Elkcheese may have taught you this technique.

mtmiller

Naw, no hole dug. I think this was the only shot that doesn't have my knees sticking up. I am not sure where they are in this shot. Fugg, when a guy is only 4 foot tall, it is easy to hide the legs.:D

I never have used that 'chsr helpful hint, but if you see me with yellow in my beard, I was just thirsty.;)

Is this better?:D

Oak

Expert
Nice buck, and really great field photos. You had another great season.

Hiker

Good job MtMiller! Way to stick with it. I hear those Whitetails tastes better then our Muleys?

schmalts

Greenhorn, his legs are sawed off....
Nice bucky you ugly bastard, now go home, shave your face and try to harvest a hog.hump