Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Birds are game too

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
Our duck opener

uc
uc

uc

Long, cold day and the blowing snow prevented any pictures. We went straight to beers!

had to give up pheasant hunting. only real pheasant hunting near me is the farm raised chicken birds that are planted on the WMAs . hunting the WMAs is just asking for some fool to cheney you. after several close calls I just quit going , not worth my life.

never been much into waterfowl. while I do love to hunt them, they just taste fowl to me.

I do enjoy getting out from time to time for quail and chukar though

Aint going bird hunting this year. Next year I might. I love pheasant and goose but don't care for duck and dove that much. I want to try quail and others to see if they are good. Love the picture with mac n cheese. One of my favorite side dishes.

Aint going bird hunting this year. Next year I might. I love pheasant and goose but don't care for duck and dove that much. I want to try quail and others to see if they are good. Love the picture with mac n cheese. One of my favorite side dishes.
Don't care for the taste or style of hunting them?

Don't care for the taste or style of hunting them?

Don't care for the taste. A lot of it may have to do with not knowing the best way to cook them. Meat seems to be too much on the gritty side to me for ducks and doves, there just aint enough there to excite me to hunt, but I do like the breast meat you get off them. I have had Peking duck before at a Chinese restaurant and loved it. But that is domestic, farm raised. Fishing has similar issues, I don't care for fishing stocked fish because there is no flavor. Wild duck to me seems to be gritty and lack flavor or did not have a taste I was comfortable with. I have nothing against hunting any birds except for those who are really endangered.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back