Bino harness

I have a Mystery Ranch bino harness that I use for rifle hunting, which is made pretty tough like their packs, and it fits me well. I like magnetic clasp on the Mystery ranch as its easy to operate and it holds the flap securely closed, but it's too loud for archery. I also have a Marsupial Gear bino harness that I use for archery. Both are good harnesses. All harness have their + & - !

I have a badlands harness which I’ve used for at least 5 years now and I have no complaints. Some will say the magnetic clasp is too loud but I’ve not had this issue and it’s easy to learn to quietly close it. Pros include compete wind and dust resistance, relatively small size and low profile, and just the right amount of interior pockets IMO. I keep my licenses, a spare car key, a handful of “emergency napkins” and a half dozen extra bullets in it. I don’t like a backpack on my chest so this is perfect for me. In addition, I just bought a Razco gun holster out of Bozeman which attaches quickly and securely to this harness so I can comfortably carry my pistol (Glock 20) beneath the binos as well.

I have only used one, an FHF. I have had it for 4 years now and see no reason to look for a replacement. Excellent piece of gear.

Badlands magnetic closure for me. If you aren't a little intentional with closure it makes a sound on closure. Saved my phone and binoculars from a dunking last night when the creek crossing went from calf deep to nipple deep in one step. :eek:

Do yourself a favor and just buy a Marsupial bino harness and thank me later. You won’t regret it. Quiet, easy to use, and the quality of it is incredible(made in Arizona). I wouldn’t buy any other bino harness.
I second the marsupial I'm a huge fan of mine

Marsupial Gear. Here is a post on a review I did of it a few years back shortly after they came out. By far my favorite harness. I have two of them now for my two sets of binos.

Im a marsupial guy as well, feel like ive tried them all and its my favorite at the moment.

I second the marsupial I'm a huge fan of mine

Me too. I started a long and really useful (to me at least) thread on this topic last year. Came down to Marsupial vs. the rest of the world and the Marsupials won (unlike the first time). I bought mine just before they upgraded their system. I could almost sell my old one and buy the new one, just for that phone pocket which carries my On-X system.

another vote for FHF. This is the third or fourth harness brand I have tried in the last 6 years, and this one will be my last. quality, comfort, and quiet

Really boils down to 2 features IMO.

The direction the lid opens.
There is not an advantage to having the seam on the front IMO. On front it can snag on things and the lid flap is in the way every time you put your binos back in the pouch. The clip can really snag on things. Sorry FHF guys but it's true. Opening the other direction simply works better and makes more sense.

Then the closure. Do you want to use your fingers to manually open and clip every time you use your binos, or do you prefer to use magnets which do that part for you and don't require clips, removing gloves, etc..

Those 2 features give the marsupial a big advantage over the FHF IMO.

+1 on the Alaska Guide Creations, I have not tried the Marsupial but really like my Alaska Guide Creations. I didn’t want a magnet because I know from experience anything I can find to screw up at the moment of truth I will. All I could picture was me letting that clasp “clink” shut at just the wrong time.

Me too. I started a long and really useful (to me at least) thread on this topic last year. Came down to Marsupial vs. the rest of the world and the Marsupials won (unlike the first time). I bought mine just before they upgraded their system. I could almost sell my old one and buy the new one, just for that phone pocket which carries my On-X system.
Thanks I think my decision is Marsupial just have to pull the trigger and buy it now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back