PEAX Equipment

Bino harness

Good to know. Upon further examination it appears the Marsupial lid goes over the pouches back, whereas the Outdoor Vision the Lid goes over the binos then in front of the pouches back. The Marsupial seems to have the superior design because when jolting around the magnets hold the lid from coming open in the vertical up position but the lid over the back of the pouch would greatly improve holding the lid closed from sudden forward movement and stops. Hard to tell just looking at pics online but definitely a difference of design.

+1 for Marsupial Gear. I have the standard weight straps and don’t notice them under my pack straps. Make sure to thread the sternum strap of your pack underneath the little straps that connect the bino to the harness.

Do the magnets on the Marsupial hold if you jolt your body? I.e. if you fall and catch yourself or lunge forward like you’re coming off a deadfall tree and stop do the magnetic latches open up? I like the design of the outdoor vision and just got it today, it doesn’t fit me quite as well as the fhf as I’m a smaller framed guy and the magnets open when I jolt them with the weight of the binos inside.

I’ve never had mine open unintentionally. I do my fair share if crashing in the woods. I have the small size and use Pentax 8x’s, so granted, not the heaviest binos for sure.

Was looking for a thread to post this vs a new thread over something simple... Figure this one will work.

This setup is easy enough with just about any harness and IWB holster a simple way to position the firearm at chest height. It's set for cross-draw... Anyhow, for what it's worth.

IMG_20190906_111712_exported_6203495949670071091.jpg

Last edited:
Was looking for a thread to post this vs a new thread over something simple... Figure this one will work.

This setup is easy enough with just about any harness and IWB holster a simple way to position the firearm at chest height. It's set for cross-draw... Anyhow, for what it's worth.

View attachment 114185

What caliber - weight is that auto? I am assuming it doesn't bother you.

What caliber - weight is that auto? I am assuming it doesn't bother you.
Gen 4 G 27 (.40). 27oz loaded, 9 +1. It's my usual carry. It rides really well for a quick adapt IWB and recesses where the arm does not bump, etc. I tired of the waist belt for pack(s), especially since my bino harness goes most everywhere while in the woods.

I'm still waffling about this as well but need to pull the trigger soon... I'm down to FHF or AGC... @mtmiller and @Schaaf I think you guys have used both, opinions any glaring problems I should be aware of?

Looking for low profile with the ability to hold a bottle of wind indicator so the AGC KISS, leaning towards AGC because the FHF isn't fully enclosed and allows crap in the sides, which is a bit of a bumper for wet AK hunts and busting through oak brush in CO.

I've had hands on experience with marsupial, badlands, and ADAK have not been impressed with any of them... I have the KUIU and well... it's better than just a neck strap but that's about the only thing I can say for it.

I'm still waffling about this as well but need to pull the trigger soon... I'm down to FHF or AGC... @mtmiller and @Schaaf I think you guys have used both, opinions any glaring problems I should be aware of?

I prefer FHF, but maybe because I use it more (personal vs work). I like simple and compact. I like the bungee hook pulled down instead of up, but probably just since I have used the FHF system more. I like the simple, light straps in the back vs bulky staps of the AG. More buckles on the AG that I don't care for. Side pockets are larger on the AG, but not important to me. My opinions and I am sure others may prefer the AG over FHF. Brunton 10x43 in FHF and Pentax 10x43 in AG. My 10x42 swaros at home are in FHF.

2554DB59-2D0D-4E63-A300-7143AC6E6DD5.jpegE48E23CB-7576-407A-A0A8-515FCBBAE11F.jpegD0B8DC35-5457-451E-90D7-BEC6581594B3.jpegC882D7C0-F8E7-4D38-BC55-9D2231E0927B.jpeg

Last edited:
@wllm1313
I’ve got the bigger version of the AGC. If you’ve got a rubber case those slide pockets on top work great for holding a iPhone. Quick access and nothing bouncing in your pocket. 👍
D5567E1C-9914-41CF-8680-40F340354241.jpeg

Last edited:
Tried a few (not Marsupial or FHF), and liked the Kuiu the best of what I tried. One of those deals where you're constantly buying and selling them to try a different one, then you get one you like and forget to sell it.

I've had hands on experience with marsupial, badlands, and ADAK have not been impressed with any of them... I have the KUIU and well... it's better than just a neck strap but that's about the only thing I can say for it.
Interesting. I have had many and I finally realized that having the flap on the front was just a bad design. There is no advantage that I can see by having it in front. Same with hooks and loops getting caught on everything like brush. It's an old design that has simply been improved over the years.

Looking at the marspial. fhf, and agc they look similar in size with the difference being the lid and closing mechanism. Where did you see the difference in the 3?

Interesting. I have had many and I finally realized that having the flap on the front was just a bad design. There is no advantage that I can see by having it in front. Same with hooks and loops getting caught on everything like brush. It's an old design that has simply been improved over the years.

Looking at the marspial. fhf, and agc they look similar in size with the difference being the lid and closing mechanism. Where did you see the difference in the 3?

Yeah I have a Kuiu currently, it works but has issues as you highlighted. For me the main feature was not having gaps in the case, marsupial and FHF both have rather large holes for debris to enter. I’m tired of crashing through brush getting to the top of a hill and finding twigs in my harness and dusty lenses.

I’m not a big fan of the closure mechanism of the marsupial, FHF and AGC were really close, I like the slimmer profile of the FHF over AGC.

I think preferences also has a lot to do with your hunting style, if you aren’t taking your binos and putting them on a tripod or letting someone look through them the Kuiu would be ok, if you don’t charge though bushes like an idiot or play in the rain I think marsupial and FHF are great.

Yeah I have a Kuiu currently, it works but has issues as you highlighted. For me the main feature was not having gaps in the case, marsupial and FHF both have rather large holes for debris to enter. I’m tired of crashing through brush getting to the top of a hill and finding twigs in my harness and dusty lenses.

I’m not a big fan of the closure mechanism of the marsupial, FHF and AGC were really close, I like the slimmer profile of the FHF over AGC.

I think preferences also has a lot to do with your hunting style, if you aren’t taking your binos and putting them on a tripod or letting someone look through them the Kuiu would be ok, if you don’t charge though bushes like an idiot or play in the rain I think marsupial and FHF are great.

I got the kodiak cub. Its bulky but no problem clearing bow string. I like that I can put my rangefinder in the front pocket rather than a side pouch.

Do birdwatchers buy these things? I got to wondering this morning, what is it that they are buying to sling their binos?

I just got the AGC Denali. I have 11x45 Maven B2s and they were the best fit. I like almost everything about it so far. Ill let you know after this week. Leaving in 16 hours for New Mexico.

Looking for low profile with the ability to hold a bottle of wind indicator so the AGC KISS, leaning towards AGC because the FHF isn't fully enclosed and allows crap in the sides, which is a bit of a bumper for wet AK hunts and busting through oak brush in CO.

I’ve used the AGC kiss and the FHF. I did not care for the AGC.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back