Bikes headed west

Recurve62

Leaving PA next Saturday headed west,,,,, Sturgis???? maybe, maybe not. No real destination but what I'm wondering is, along that general I/80 I/90 route are there any good fairs, festivals, rodeos or round ups etc. going on the first week of August which may be worth a side trip, or anything folks know of or enjoy that we could put on our list of "we ought to do that sometimes"? Thanks ,
Mark

The Great Mississippi Valley Fair in Davenport IA. Let me know if you are taking I-80 across the Mississippi, you'll be in my neck of the woods. Also Bix Jazz festival lasts until Aug 2.

I don't know much about any activities on your way, but Sturgis is celebrating their 75th anniversary this year and they are expecting anything a LOT of bikes with a lotfof traffic. definitely something to see! doubt if you will be able to find any lodging anywhere close. have a fun and safe trip!

If you plan on going to wyoming, I'd go just a little farther to Red Lodge, Montana and drive the Beartooth highway. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately, the beartooth biker rally was last weekend but I'm sure there is still plenty to see and do around that area.

Well, we're back from our trip. We ultimately did do Sturgis and that was something in and of itself. Talking with people from all over this country all gathered in one place was truly interesting. Please don't believe everything the TV news people and opinion people try to tell us all about America because they just do not have a clue. We really do live in the greatest nation on this earth, ever has been, ever will be.

Damn! I thought we were coming West? Was waiting for a call for support vehicle with trailer/ramps/cold beverages?

Well, we're back from our trip. We ultimately did do Sturgis and that was something in and of itself. Talking with people from all over this country all gathered in one place was truly interesting. Please don't believe everything the TV news people and opinion people try to tell us all about America because they just do not have a clue. We really do live in the greatest nation on this earth, ever has been, ever will be.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back