Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Big rain

wytex

Checking in with our local folks, did everyone survive the big rain yesterday without too much damage?
Our gauge showed 2.87 inches in about 1 1/2 hrs or so. We have some water in the basement but not bad.
Casper, Wheatland etc, did you get some big rain too?
Really hoping Mullen scar isn't now across the plains from the Snowies to Laramie, I bet 230 was scary for a bit.

We lgot some here in our valley outside Buffalo, WY. Not near as much as you did though.

A lot of my plants and shrubs are a bit droopy today. Had water covering the sidewalk and up onto the front lawn during the worst of it.

We got nothing in Buffalo. Scary outside and thunder rolled out of bighorns, but took a sudden swing to the south, we got none

I know parts of Laramie experienced some flooding. Not sure how bad the damage was though. My ex had water coming in her basement.

Never even turned off the sprinklers, almost nothing up north yesterday. Over the previous week we did good and looking nice up here, no drought here!

We officially had 0.84” in Casper on Thursday night. The rain was impressive, but the almost continuous lightning was something I don’t think I’ve seen before.

We officially had 0.84” in Casper on Thursday night. The rain was impressive, but the almost continuous lightning was something I don’t think I’ve seen before.
Not sure where they do the official measurement, but an open cooler and a 5 gal bucket in my backyard both had almost 3 inches in them after Thursday night. Then we got over an inch in Friday's repeat.

Not sure where they do the official measurement, but an open cooler and a 5 gal bucket in my backyard both had almost 3 inches in them after Thursday night. Then we got over an inch in Friday's repeat.
Yeah, I believe the official measurement is at the airport, which commonly has different weather than town. My kids turtle sandbox got left open and also had way more than the official measurement…

I was up near fox park when the storm hit yesterday. There are a few new washes on some roads. But the area looks great. I haven’t seen this much rain up there in a long while. Everything is very green.

Once downtown I was amazed at how much debris is on the roads around town.

I just saw that the Sherriff said that Fox Creek road is closed as it got washed out. They were hoping to have it opened by today. I bet there are a few roads similar on the mountain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back