Big Oregon Muley in backyard (updated new buck added)

mannmicj

I woke up this morning to this beast in my backyard. He's got a little limp when he walks, but no clear injury. The mass and extra junk on his antlers is awesome. One of the bigger bucks (when it comes to pure antler mass), I've ever seen in my yard. These big guys come in every year during the rut and then disappear again. I ate breakfast on my deck watching this guy eat and relax. A great morning to say the least.
Monster Muley.JPGMonster Muley 2.JPGMonster Muley 3.JPG
Monster Muley 4.JPG
Monster Muley 5.JPG

Last edited:
That guy it’s awesome! Hopefully you can find hours sheds when he drops them.
I've found some big sheds over the years on the public land around the general area. But I swear these monsters just disappear each year and/or drop them in someone's Grandma's backyard and she chucks them on the burn pile... Hell the one side looks like a root wad.

Last edited:
What a buck!

What kind of camera are you using?
I had to break out the old Nikon D80 for this one. It's been awhile for sure. I had to charge the batteries real fast just to get some pics. It has a Nikon 70-300mm VR lens. Back in the day I use to love taking photos. Life got busy and I haven't did any photography in years. It's an old setup, but it still gets the job done.

Part II. Later, this afternoon I had a doe in back with 3 bucks. Two small ones (Forky and small 4x4) and this big guy. Busy day in the back yard. He was working on cornering this doe who was trying to move. She got free and ran out of the yard as he followed. buck laying down.jpgBuck face.jpgbuck lick.jpgBuck standing.jpgBuck doe.jpg

Attachments

• Buck 1.jpg
    Buck 1.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Man, your backyard rocks!
It's been an epic day for sure. Glad I could see all this before work. We normally had some babies dropped in our backyard from time to time as well. We've had some serious buck in our yard in the past, but I don't know if we seen a day like this.

Whats the city ordinance of firearm discharge on your property? Or a bow?? Lol.
LMAO... I've had to see these kind of beasts for years.. Haha. Nothing better than getting skunked and coming home to these type of Bucks. I love watching them and have accepted that I will probably never harvest one this big in my life.

Also - We can NOT discharge anything were we live, neither gun or bow (rightfully so).

LMAO... I've had to see these kind of beasts for years.. Haha. Nothing better than getting skunked and coming home to these type of Bucks. I love watching them and have accepted that I will probably never harvest one this big in my life.

Also - We can NOT discharge anything were we live, neither gun or bow (rightfully so).

I bet that burns after a rough season.

Bummer.

Awesome bucks!

I bet that burns after a rough season.

Bummer.

Awesome bucks!
It does burn, but after 17 years of living at this home, I've gotten use to it. Also, it's never a bad day when you see Bucks like this.

Awesome bucks! It’s great to see Oregon still has a few nice deer, despite their scarcity during season. Seeing deer like that in November is what keeps suckers like me applying for the Premium tags every year, despite the 2000:1 draw odds.

Awesome bucks! It’s great to see Oregon still has a few nice deer, despite their scarcity during season. Seeing deer like that in November is what keeps suckers like me applying for the Premium tags every year, despite the 2000:1 draw odds.
These big guys hide so well during the season. They only come out during the rut. I rarely see true monsters around from April through October. I've found awesome sheds on public land all over the state and that is nice.

That said. It would be awesome if they ever showed up during the season. You always seem to hear the same thing during the season. "Didn't see many bucks, just does." LOL. Maybe next year.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back