Big Buy Gear

Ben_BlueOx

So depending on brand I can be an XL to a 3XL. I have been looking online at mainly Sitka and Kuiu.

Have you had any experience with these? How was the fit? It looks like both charge “restocking fees” even for an exchange.

Are there any retail stores you know of that stock these brands so you can try them on?

thanks.

I am all Kuiu. Tried most all brands and to me it’s much better. Athletic fit. It’s true to size for me in all areas. Just make sure you pay attention on Kuiu as it will say it’s upsized to go over gear or to size up if you want as over layer.

I’ve heard Sitka fits better for bigger guys. I have quite a bit of Kuiu. I’m 6-2 270. I wear XXL in their shirts and xxxl in everything else that you would layer over.

My Sitka jacket runs small and my pants are normal. I’m on the thin side, my 34 pants are plenty roomy with ability to fit 2 layers under them. Medium jacket I can fit a light puffy underneath, but I probably should have got a large.

My Sitka jacket runs small and my pants are normal. I’m on the thin side, my 34 pants are plenty roomy with ability to fit 2 layers under them. Medium jacket I can fit a light puffy underneath, but I probably should have got a large.
+1
f.png

I'm 6' and around 210. I find Kuiu to run a tad smaller and is athletic cut. Sitka runs true to size, XL for me fits perfectly. First Lite runs slightly larger and Large will fit comfortably in most cases.

@Ben_BlueOx - I know it’s not what you were asking about, but you can get started with hunting clothing for a lot less than what Sitka and KUIU cost and be successful. No doubt it’s an asset, but if you’re starting close to home for small game and deer it isn’t necessary. If you’ll be bow hunting eastern whitetails, I’d say scent control stuff is more of an asset than the more technical stuff for a beginner.

Where do you live? Cabelas, Bass Pro, Sportsman's Warehouse and Scheel's all carry Sitka on the shelf.

I have bunch of kuiu and sitka, its about all i buy now other than truspec pants. I am a true 3xl jacket(shoulders) and the kuiu runs just a tad smaller than true to size, the sitka runs slightly larger. Layering is when it matters and only you can figure out what works for you. Pants i buy 40s since i got a 39" waist with thermals and kuiu are typically skinnyjeans fit while the sitka is little more free and roomy. what i like: really do like the guide series kuiu pants and jacket, kuiu attack pants and any sitka jacket fits great. Tried a sitka mountain jacket last fall that i got on sale for $90, wow what a great carry in pack jacket. I wear a lot of truspec 24/7 pants still left from my military days and now their expedition versions are super comfortable and great features. I dont like kuiu hats/gloves, sitkas are quality! try on at local sporting goods or use online with free returns to figure out what u like, kuiu just order it and hope it fits right but buy quality.

Sitka deals always at EuroOptics and Midway. Sizing seems as stated athletic so roomy chest but tighter sleeves. I go XL bases then timberland, xxl puffys an rain gear. I'm 6ft 230lbs utility built. Midway has blemished items sometimes. I grab some lightweight pants an could not find a thing otherthan packaging taped and tags removed but in the bag. Heck of deal.

I know what you are talking about as I'm 6'2 and my Brother is 6'4 and I tried on some Sitka and it did not fit even close. I like Cabela's big and the all gear but unfortunately with Bass Pro buying them out I'm sure there hunting clothes will go down the tubes. As I have never seen Bass Pro gear worth buying.

I'm 6'3" and 270 lbs, I normally wear a 2xl in most things, athletic fit is 3xl. First lite I wear a 2xl, sitka i wear 3xl across the board. Haven't tried any kuiu other than the gaiters my dad got me for christmas, not even close to fitting my tree trunks. Haven't tried any of the other kuiu pants since as others have said they seem to be skinny jeans. Might be worth looking at the black ovis pants and their merino wool, I've been impressed so far and sizing is similar to my sitka gear.

I wear XL, or XXL on top in most things and 38 waist. For me, Kuiu is a size up.

XXL peleton top was form fitting. 38 pants fit, but were a tad snug. They both probably "fit" perfectly and like they are supposed to, but I hate snug clothing. Both were very comfortable but I HATE snug clothing. Thats why I wear XXL in a lot of things.

Kuiu XXL super down vest fit is awesome, especially for wearing over a thin top but under a thicker one.

The fact that you cant try their stuff on and their return/exchange policy is the biggest downfall I have found with them.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back