Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Biden BLM appointee

I did not say anything about her work. I don't know enough about her body of work. I do know that being part of earthfirst and spiking trees and threatening people is a not trivial as much as some of the prominent posters on this forum would like it to be. As I said in a previous post, I would give her the benefit of the doubt bc that was a long time ago and I believe people grow.

She also seems like an activist type. In my experience, there advantages and disadvantages to having this type of person in a role like this. After the last clown in this position, this would be an enormous upgrade for sure. Beside who tf would they get instead?
I hear ya. I’m glad that she will continue to be in front of the Senate Committee and will be able to answer tough questions about any involvement she might have had. I think if her body of work wasn’t as impressive as it is, it would be far easier to cast her aside. If she can answer for that, based on her career accomplishments, I think she will prove to be a very competent and level headed leader for the BLM.

I have two awesome kids. Thanks for the assumption that some of us would fail though. mtmuley
I have two horrendous kids also!
The oldest such a horrible ne'er-do-well that life became riding a motorcycle to work to climb into a patrol unit for a city.

The youngest is even worse. So bad that the Gov't has to run a background check on the kid every 5 years to be sure the CBP uniform isn't disgraced.

Yup! Guess I was a deplorable failure as a parent, too. 🙂

I'll go along with that but I dont feel that being young gets you a free pass because of your age either. My cousin made a stupid decision when he was young. Loved to hunt, being young isnt going to allow him to own a gun ever again. Consequences, unfortunately you gotta have em.
Never said anything about free passes.

Sorry, but this is bullshit. What you were at 23 does not define you for the rest of your life.

I agree things done at 23 should not define your life. I have to because I don’t want to be defined by my 23 year old actions😂He was responding to a post suggesting she was a good person for receiving immunity to testify against her friends. That’s not being a good person it’s saving your own ass. So his statement is not bullshit. To do something stupid or multiple stupid things at a young age should be overlooked 100 percent IF that person changed over time. Being part of earth first is not a couple stupid decisions it’s buying into a complete ideology of eco-terrorism, it’s like a lifestyle choice not a spur of the moment screw up. If she has done some great things she deserves credit but the earth first thing is a huge red flag for anyone managing public land. I don’t know if she should be appointed but I definitely want a thorough hearing based on all the earth first stuff.

Has this nominee posted anywhere what her agenda would be as the leader of the BLM? I think if something of that nature was available and could be posted here maybe it would clear some questions some may have, including myself. Again, I took a few minutes to search but found nothing. Only the stories of her actions with the radical Earth First organization. Thanks for any clarification!

After reading these two articles... She doesn't come across as an active participant ASIDE from mailing the letter drafted by one of the two convicted and even that, it appears she changed the intended plan on her own for mailing the letter.
I'm back on the fence. I could give a rats arse about some of the jokers to the right and clowns to the left.

The Kavanagh bullshit really tainted my view of these hearings. Clarence Thomas was another. Barrett another.. Liberals painted their extremism and for that, if Tracy Stone-Manning is dropped, Democrats reap what they sowed.
And it will flush the other way as well and Republicans will reap what they're about to sow.

There's no intent to find truth in these hearings... it's a smear campaign regardless a niave student of environmental studies or not.

Jack asses are just that and Dumbos are on the same line.

Their divisiveness screams for a Moose Party.

/End of rant.

Good reading material... for those interested.

Everyone keeps talking about what she did.
What did she do?
My understanding is that she typed out a handwritten letter for someone who claimed to have spiked trees and mailed it.
She then testified against them later.

What else has been confirmed that she did that should preclude her from being considered?

Everyone keeps talking about what she did.
What did she do?
My understanding is that she typed out a handwritten letter for someone who claimed to have spiked trees and mailed it.
She then testified against them later.

What else has been confirmed that she did that should preclude her from being considered?
That's pretty simplistic, imo. The articles above detail her participation with the convicted though appears one of them scared her with his abuse of a former g/f she knew.
It appears she was opposed to harming people though was an active participant with the letter drafted by one of the two and colluded with them... to an extent. Seems more naive than intent to harm anyone and likely participated in protecting the two when initially faced with fed LEO's... but that's just my take from those articles.

I don't think anyone here would disagree with the core of what you're saying. Yes, most of our "dumb years" aren't spent committing or being involved in a federal crime or investigation. Aside from what's out there in the media on this issue, and what's truth or partisan drivel spread by the opposing party, I think what's difficult to navigate for most of the loudest people is the partisan aspect itself.

Each party essentially just engages in poop throwing at the other party no matter what's going on, no matter who the appointee is. I mean, we have Republican politicians condemning the actions of Stone-Manning 30 years ago. Like she never stopped doing whatever it was that she was doing or involved in. Yet, there are plenty of examples of Republicans nominating/supporting people who have their own questionable history (long before their appt) and they just write it off as "the past is the past". Democrats do the same thing when it's a Republican nominee.

I guess my point is, that we've lost the ability to be reasonable and we've moved the baseline so far and so much, all in the name of the party that it's impossible to make good decisions in the eyes of public opinion and the opposing party. The only way the Republicans would be happy is if they got to pick the appointee (and vice versa for R nominees). This stone-manning issue is the perfect opportunity for the R's to nationalize a marketing strategy for their own party.

I mean there was multiple lawsuits from the 90s regarding President Trump and sexual harassment. Those are bonified legal cases and R voters wrote those off as "the past is the past". How many times did we hear "Trump's personal life and his past 25 years ago is none of my business, that's not why I voted for him". It goes on and on and both parties do the same dog and pony show, they've been brainwashed into being so loyal to their party that they'll basically justify any action if Tucker Carlson or "insert liberal media pundit" tells them to.

It's not about Stone-Mannings past, its about political posturing and leverage for the next election or relevant issue.
Without the 'other side' to point out the transgression, we would never know.
There fore I find it useful in making a marginally informed decision
Yeah I can see that. And don’t get me wrong, I love that too. But few people have horses, and probably equally as few are in shape enough to use their two legs to get into some of these areas, but everyone has a truck, ATV or razor-like thinger, Jeep, etc. so the impact on these more remote wilderness study areas is less than it would otherwise be. As for me, I have neither horses nor an ATV…..☹️
got legs?

Last edited:
This is pretty funny. If she had a different affiliation and was appointed by another administration, you supporters would be ripping her to pieces. mtmuley
Despite Lamb's obvious affection for her. seems pretty tame compared to some of what i've seen.....
biden.jpg

After reading these two articles... She doesn't come across as an active participant ASIDE from mailing the letter drafted by one of the two convicted and even that, it appears she changed the intended plan on her own for mailing the letter.
I'm back on the fence. I could give a rats arse about some of the jokers to the right and clowns to the left.

The Kavanagh bullshit really tainted my view of these hearings. Clarence Thomas was another. Barrett another.. Liberals painted their extremism and for that, if Tracy Stone-Manning is dropped, Democrats reap what they sowed.
And it will flush the other way as well and Republicans will reap what they're about to sow.

There's no intent to find truth in these hearings... it's a smear campaign regardless a niave student of environmental studies or not.

Jack asses are just that and Dumbos are on the same line.

Their divisiveness screams for a Moose Party.

/End of rant.

Good reading material... for those interested.

The ap article seems a
That's pretty simplistic, imo. The articles above detail her participation with the convicted though appears one of them scared her with his abuse of a former g/f she knew.
It appears she was opposed to harming people though was an active participant with the letter drafted by one of the two and colluded with them... to an extent. Seems more naive than intent to harm anyone and likely participated in protecting the two when initially faced with fed LEO's... but that's just my take from those articles.

Thanks for posting articles. First article is good but seems like a he said -she said situation. Question is who do I trust more a retired forest service investigator or a self described retired hippie organic farmer- who is also a convicted felon. FS investigator said she was very involved and reluctantly agreed to help with the threat of prosecution. Organic hippie farmer said she only wrote the letter. I don’t know I’m with you after kavanaugh etc I’m pretty disgusted with the process but this isn’t even close to the false mud slinging we seen with kavanaugh. The ap article seems a little one sided mainly detailing earth first accounts of what happened which minimizes her involvement.

who is also a convicted felon.
I must have missed this portion. I've yet to find any conviction against Tracy. I think you're viewing the captive title that's misleading.
I believe the LEO found her stalling his attempt to get to the bottom of the facts. This is common until confronted from a different angle having found the facts via a search.
Once confronted, LEO's focus on the weakest link... and from my perspective, that was her. At that point the dominos fell and she folded, and then she spilled the beans.
Least that's my take.

However from all I gather, she's never been convicted of anything.

After I posted this, I saw where 3855win also posted a thread on this subject too.
I just knew this "Public Land Issues" line was here and thought folks might like to know.

Honestly, I have not had many experiences with BLM (OR Black Lies Matter), but none of them have been good.

As for Stone-Manning, I have to question anybody with a hyphenated last name. What's so hard about selecting a last name? 🤔 (all in humor)

I DO have to question the integrity of an individual who will sell their friends(?) "down the river" to protect themselves.

I do know that part of having and maintaining a healthy forest, whether it's out west, in the south or back east, is thinning, harvesting and replanting. Spiking trees is NOT a good idea nor is it a healthy activity for the trees themselves. ....but I guess they didn't think about that!
This isn't about a college kid who got caught doing something illegal. A DUI, public intoxication, petty theft, etc.
Spiking trees and threatening letters is a "mind set".

It's too bad that humans beings don't have a "neutrality" switch we can just turn on when elected/nominated to a political office.

....and to those who cry about posting biased links. Think a chicken would post a pro-Col Sanders link? But I did notice that the opposition to the right leaning link went immediately to "snarkism". 🤔

I love the neutrality switch. I’d like to add a logic lever, and data button too. I think many of us need a toggle for confirming reliable resources while eliminating confirmation bias. However, don’t all those illegal activities require a certain mindset? Thank God people around me gave me a chance to grow! I did all sorts of shit that nearly killed myself or others.

When I was dealing with any Earth First ! people, it was always a "don't let 'em get behind you" moment.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back