Yeti GOBOX Collection

Biden BLM appointee

I could probably one up all of you on stupidity in my teenage and college years šŸ˜‚ nothing to be proud of ha ha. And I appreciate giving people a pass, all of mine weā€™re definitely learning experience. With that said spiking trees to intentionally harm a logger is way different. Takes intent and sober planning to attempt to harm someone that way. Usually a person just trying to make a living or support a family. None of my ā€œgreat ideasā€ were thought up when I was young and sober. When do we hold these groups accountable for their actions which contributed to our current wildfires? Iā€™m not saying they are the cause but they are way worse due to an inability to do any reasonable forest management. I remember the 80ā€™s in northwest Montana very well and they were stopping logging on beetle infested logging areas. Spiking trees, living in tress, chaining themselves to trees. When do they get held accountable? Never! we appoint them to be heads of our public lands.
I haven't seen anything that said she was actually spiking trees. One of the earth first people said she was not involved in the tree spiking and had no awareness of that particular incident, that she only sent the letter. But, I could be missing something.

Itā€™s a weird piece of background for her and I can understand people being troubled by it

where I live a logger or lumber mill has to have an exponentially higher chance of hitting a spike or nail in a tree placed by a hunter for a homemade tree stand or steps, backcountry corral, or lean to. Campers also seem to love pounding them into trees for hanging tarps, laundry lines , etc

If I go to cut a tree down with spikes for a tree stand , or any of those things, I can easily see them. Itā€™s not really a danger if I know itā€™s there. Tree spikes were concealed and by design dangerous

I haven't seen anything that said she was actually spiking trees. One of the earth first people said she was not involved in the tree spiking and had no awareness of that particular incident, that she only sent the letter. But, I could be missing something.

šŸ‘thanks for that. good to know if thatā€™s true. I guess thatā€™s the point of hearings we need the facts. Still if she was active at all in earth first thatā€™s a huge red flag for me. That group was absolute nut jobs in the 80s and Iā€™m sure they still are.

When someone is offered "immunity" from prosecution in exchange for testifying against her two former friends... There was a criminal action that she was given immunity from said prosecution.

She stated her friend that she testified against asked her to send the message to the feds and she wanted to warn. There's a reason she agreed to immunity from prosecution. If she was innocent...

Initially, I was neutral and happier it was someone that had some good referrals, including @Big Fin . However, referrals or not, these actions occurred and that gives me pause. I'm an independent voter. I've voted both sides of the fence on many occasions. This is not a political power play in my posts. This IS her past as an Adult.

I just re read articles and she was a very active member of earth first but weā€™re ok with her leading the BLM? I also agree you donā€™t get a deal for immunity if youā€™re innocent. Regardless of the tree spiking, I wouldnā€™t trust someone from earth first to mow my lawn much less run the BLM

I could probably one up all of you on stupidity in my teenage and college years šŸ˜‚ nothing to be proud of ha ha. And I appreciate giving people a pass, all of mine weā€™re definitely learning experience. With that said spiking trees to intentionally harm a logger is way different. Takes intent and sober planning to attempt to harm someone that way. Usually a person just trying to make a living or support a family. None of my ā€œgreat ideasā€ were thought up when I was young and sober. When do we hold these groups accountable for their actions which contributed to our current wildfires? Iā€™m not saying they are the cause but they are way worse due to an inability to do any reasonable forest management. I remember the 80ā€™s in northwest Montana very well and they were stopping logging on beetle infested logging areas. Spiking trees, living in tress, chaining themselves to trees. When do they get held accountable? Never! we appoint them to be heads of our public lands.
It also takes a helluva person to recognize when you're running with the wrong crowd and then to turn them in f-in' testify against them.

It also takes a helluva person to recognize when you're running with the wrong crowd and then to turn them in f-in' testify against them.

Mob calls them ā€œratsā€ šŸ˜‚ but sounds good-turn on friends to save your own ass. Helluva person. She did it AFTER getting immunity for HERSELF. Self being key word

I understand the sentiment that people change and all, but underage drinking citations and throwing mad dog bottles at road signs are a lot different than what she was involved in.

But thats just like my opinion man.
While I do think she would do a good job based on her more recent resume, I agree with this. I wonā€™t be surprised if this prevents her from taking the job.

Iā€™ve had to undergo some very in depth background investigations for jobs before, and something like this would have almost certainly eliminated me from the running.

I agree with that, I may have misunderstood where he was going.
[/QUOTE.

What hilljackoutlaw said šŸ‘ I was responding to neffa who said she was a ā€œhelluva ā€œ good person for turning on her friends to basically save her own behind. Sounds like a really selfish person to me but what do I know? Probably what we need just one more government leader completely focused on themselves šŸ¤”

When someone is offered "immunity" from prosecution in exchange for testifying against her two former friends... There was a criminal action that she was given immunity from said prosecution.

She stated her friend that she testified against asked her to send the message to the feds and she wanted to warn. There's a reason she agreed to immunity from prosecution. If she was innocent...

Initially, I was neutral and happier it was someone that had some good referrals, including @Big Fin . However, referrals or not, these actions occurred and that gives me pause. I'm an independent voter. I've voted both sides of the fence on many occasions. This is not a political power play in my posts. This IS her past as an Adult.
But what criminal action specifically? It's not completely unreasonable to think that they threatened her with the full crime, even though they mightve known she didn't do it herself, unless she coughed up info.

I'm not an attorney, so I don't claim to know how all this works. But I don't think the immunity is necessarily an admission of guilt or the same level of criminal action as those that ended up in jail. I could be wrong. I'm just not gonna be presumptuous with a situation where I don't have all the information or know all the legal details.

Last edited:
While I do think she would do a good job based on her more recent resume, I agree with this. I wonā€™t be surprised if this prevents her from taking the job.

Iā€™ve had to undergo some very in depth background investigations for jobs before, and something like this would have almost certainly eliminated me from the running.
I always wanted to coach high school X-C, unfortunately when I was 18 and a senior in high school I had a party at my parents house and got caught and was served multiple counts of serving alcohol to minors. So I cant coach...so yea I don't have much sympathy for her. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

This is pretty funny. If she had a different affiliation and was appointed by another administration, you supporters would be ripping her to pieces. mtmuley
Goes both ways though. The conservative snowflakes showcase a remarkably similar attitude towards "the other side" as their liberal counter parts.

Last edited:
After the last presidential administration, Iā€™m certainly glad to see truth has once again become an esteemed quality. Hopefully itā€™s not transient.

A few things. A family member of mine was appointed to a high level position that required senate confirmation. After the process, she pretty bluntly labeled it a partisan witch hunt (Bush administration).

As to immunity, it doesnā€™t necessarily mean they had evidence of a crime against her at the time. She could have also been concerned about things that may arise when her former cohorts started slinging dirt after they were charged and she testified. This is messy. A federal prosecutor involved in the case said she wasnā€™t a target of the investigation that went to trial.

That doesnā€™t diminish her involvement, and I agree with @MTLabrador in that regardless of her qualifications, this may very well prevent her confirmation. As to whether it should or not, I donā€™t know. Iā€™m not privy to the testimony.

The confirmation hearing for Justice Kavanaugh was very troubling to me, for a myriad of reasons. I view this very similarly.

I do find it really amusing how many Republican Senators are now troubled by what they perceive as dishonesty.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back