Biden BLM appointee

Extremes rule the roost... God.. please Bless America. We sure as hell need it!

Just as Democrat HT members are surprised Repubs are concerned over this pretty apparent affiliation, I am surprised Democrats are not equally concerned over such... ;)

Man you guys would make some great parents...

I hope when you find your kids running with the wrong crowd, doing shit they know they shouldn't be, that you encourage them to just stick it out. Don't encourage them to change, or re evaluate their life, and definitely see to it that they never amount to anything.

Agree this is the same BS witch hunt as with ole Kavanaugh.

I'm out HT

I see both sides, or at least I imagine my own versions of them.

I think some here are right that being a part of such an activity in your youth would certainly prevent you from getting a much "lesser" job in the real world.

I also think people can change. Scratch that, I know they can. So I believe those who I trust in the world of Conservation who say she is an excellent candidate.

This isn't your typical pendulum swing issue. Stone-Manning is a far more reasonable human being than the last appointee. To those aghast, I wonder if they ever drove drunk in their youth? I would view that as far more egregious in terms of potential human suffering. I have driven drunk before.

Then again, how f#@$king hard is it to find a competent conservation-minded qualified person who didn't spend their youth goofing off with a radical environmentalist group.In my own personal life, I've met impressive people. I don't believe Stone-Manning is magical, and irreplaceable. This country has many great potential leaders.

Here's what we need. Folks who haven't been involved in politics at all up until the point of their appointment. Everything feels like a favor, and like we are not getting the best people for the job.

All those incongruent thoughts said, I hope she serves as Director of the BLM. If only so we can move on to bigger fish that need frying.

Man you guys would make some great parents...

I hope when you find your kids running with the wrong crowd, doing shit they know they shouldn't be, that you encourage them to just stick it out. Don't encourage them to change, or re evaluate their life, and definitely see to it that they never amount to anything.

Agree this is the same BS witch hunt as with ole Kavanaugh.

I'm out HT

I have 3 great kids. They have learned from there mistakes so far. I don’t think they are being a helluva good person if they try and throw their friends under the bus to save there own skin as this lady did. I encourage them to tell the whole TRUTH and most importantly OWN there part in it. This person did this as an ADULT. Doesn’t anyone else remember what earth first was doing in the 80’s and 90’s. ?? That alone is a massive red flag for someone supposedly going to manage our public lands.

And the 30 year body of work since is just the long game. She’ll show her true colors soon, just wait.
I did not say anything about her work. I don't know enough about her body of work. I do know that being part of earthfirst and spiking trees and threatening people is a not trivial as much as some of the prominent posters on this forum would like it to be. As I said in a previous post, I would give her the benefit of the doubt bc that was a long time ago and I believe people grow.

She also seems like an activist type. In my experience, there advantages and disadvantages to having this type of person in a role like this. After the last clown in this position, this would be an enormous upgrade for sure. Beside who tf would they get instead?

Sorry, but this is bullshit. What you were at 23 does not define you for the rest of your life.
Everyone has consequences for there actions. Age is no get out of jail free card, just gotta learn from it whether you f up when your young or when your old. I should of stayed out of this thread. Hunting season cant get here soon enough. The more we argue over politics the more the scumbag politicians win and the more all of us lose. Cant remember the last actual thread we've had without politics.

Everyone has consequences for there actions. Age is no get out of jail free card, just gotta learn from it whether you f up when your young or when your old. I should of stayed out of this thread. Hunting season cant get here soon enough. The more we argue over politics the more the scumbag politicians win and the more all of us lose. Cant remember the last actual thread we've had without politics.
I absolutely agree there are consequences. However, I’ve known more than one really good person who got in with the wrong group and ended up paying the piper. However, it’s patently false to state or imply the only reason people change is the threat of federal prison time.

I absolutely agree there are consequences. However, I’ve known more than one really good person who got in with the wrong group and ended up paying the piper. However, it’s patently false to state or imply the only reason people change is the threat of federal prison time.
I'll go along with that but I dont feel that being young gets you a free pass because of your age either. My cousin made a stupid decision when he was young. Loved to hunt, being young isnt going to allow him to own a gun ever again. Consequences, unfortunately you gotta have em.

I got drunk in high school and pissed on an electric fence. Just for fun. That should eliminate me from consideration for any elected office or political appointment. 😂
We need to place probes in each Congressmen/women seat that gives a jolt whenever they lie.

Lot less thieving bullchit artists... 🤣

Sorry, but this is bullshit. What you were at 23 does not define you for the rest of your life.
I never said it did. I said that being a good person has nothing to do with testifying against someone when the fbi presents you with the option of immunity or prison time.

Just for clarification too. I don't know the details for the case. I'm using this as a hypothetical for law enforcement granting immunity for testimony.

That is full bullshit. How would you like to have a criminal at 23 as a law enforcement officer at 40?? No need to answer that JLS...

Love voice to text...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back