Biden BLM appointee

Did she or did she not take part in an action that was designed and intended to kill or maim a human being? If so, then I don’t see how that falls under youthful exuberance. If she didn’t, then it’s all lies and should not have any bearing on her confirmation.

Reality is in many instances administrations take the path of least resistance and the fact that Ms. Manning’s nomination has generated this much resistance may push them to find a new candidate. We will see.

In the real world 'CI' or 'accessory to' does not contribute to appointable resume box tics. In the political world every damn fact is parsed as a means to an end.

...fool enough of the people adage.

I must have missed this portion. I've yet to find any conviction against Tracy. I think you're viewing the captive title that's misleading.
I believe the LEO found her stalling his attempt to get to the bottom of the facts. This is common until confronted from a different angle having found the facts via a search.
Once confronted, LEO's focus on the weakest link... and from my perspective, that was her. At that point the dominos fell and she folded, and then she spilled the beans.
Least that's my take.

However from all I gather, she's never been convicted of anything.

100 percent she was never convicted or even charged. The organic hippie farmer who said she had nothing to do with it was/is a convicted felon and went to prison. My only point is I would trust the word of the forest service investigator over the other guy who was a convicted felon. The fs investigator said she was involved in the tree spiking the other earth first members said she only typed and mailed letter. I tend to trust the word of the investigator in this over people who were convicted for the crime. I don’t know that’s just how I am looking at it really one person’s word against another’s.

"... designed and intended to kill or maim a human ..."

I understand what "spiking" a tree means.
Help me here.
Are we talking 60 penny nails (3/8"×12") or something smaller like 8, 12 or 16 penny nails?
I've hit nails with a chain saw, but it never did much more than just dull the crap out of the chain.

I'm just not understanding how spiking can be called "intending to maim or kill".
🤔

Help me here.
Are we talking 60 penny nails (3/8"×12") or something smaller like 8, 12 or 16 penny nails?
I've hit nails with a chain saw, but it never did much more than just dull the crap out of the chain.

I'm just not understanding how spiking can be called "intending to maim or kill".
🤔
Big enough spikes to hang up a blade and cause it to break, potentially kicking the chain or chunks of blade back at the person sawing the tree.

Also can tear up blades at the mill as well

I dont think the goal was generally to kill or hurt folks, more to say "don't cut these trees if you don't want to tear up your equipment"

WaPo article from the time period for context

Help me here.

🤔
It just depends how your chain hits. Catch it the right way with the tip and you can cause very serious kick back, which in the right circumstance could send the bar back into your face, leg, crotch, etc.

[/QUOTE]
I wonder if her detractors would feel better if she publicly announced she likes grabbing men by their meat. Should ease the division , calm the other side down, and make for an agreeable nomination.
Just a thought.

You must not have seen Her picture?😂😂 sorry man I had to, I’m kidding not kidding

Last edited:
They were 8 to 10 inch spikes . As far as I know the spiking isn't as much aimed at the logger as at the Mill . The Mill I worked at in the early 80s had at least a 60 inch circular blade on the Head Rig . The spikes damage the blades on the head rig, ( that slabs the logs) then the slabs go through the edger which has a bunch of blades and makes the slabs into boards and onto the trim saws . They damage blades all over the Mill and the Mill has to keep shutting down to change the damaged blades and it effects production .
They move on from there to the planer and planer blades are damaged from the chunks of metal .
These logs come off legal Forest Service sales and it is flat ass terrorism no other word for it .

👍 funny people think of nails when they hear spiking. I knew a logger got hurt in the woods also when he hit a spike with his chainsaw. Like a long railroad spike driven into tree .

They went so far as to climb the trees and spike them so you can't just cut the butt end off and use the rest of the logs .
For the sake of my education because I have only read one article about Manning’s level of involvement.

When she wrote the letter, had trees actually been spiked or was there just threats?

For the sake of my education because I have only read one article about Manning’s level of involvement.

When she wrote the letter, had trees actually been spiked or was there just threats?

Trees had been spiked

I wonder if her detractors would feel better if she publicly announced she likes grabbing men by their meat. Should ease the division , calm the other side down, and make for an agreeable nomination.
Just a thought.
Love ya Hem but I call bullshit.

Reality is in many instances administrations take the path of least resistance and the fact that Ms. Manning’s nomination has generated this much resistance may push them to find a new candidate. We will see.
Seems the “new” path of least resistance is putting an “interim” label on them and not even subjecting them to the confirmation process. Or at least it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back