BHA in the news

I'm a registered independent whom votes along a very conservative line... however, the conservative side of politics better be VERY cautious in their steps. They will diminish the independents such as myself with those they employ in their smear campaigns. I joined BHA early last year and have appreciated the drive to protect and enhance our lands and wildlife.
What next? Attempt to smear the quality efforts of the other organization I am proud to be a member, RMEF?

I feel like we just had this conversation...

We’re concerned that environmentalists are trying to co-opt the sportsmen community. - Will Coggin

What really irks me about this argument is that, among a handful of other fallacies, it falsely asserts that you cannot be both in favor of environmental preservation as well as hunting or fishing. Sometimes sportsmans' interests will line up with those of environmentalists and vice versa. (See wikipedia's False Dilemma page.)

If your favorite public hunting spot was going to be sold to a company and turned into a giant combination theme park/outlet mall/airport/hotel/mega city, would you fight it? If you fought this, people could label you an environmentalist that hates creating jobs for people, when in fact you were siding with other sportsmen and trying to preserve the land. If you went along with it, you could be labeled a poor advocate for sportsman, allowing some big interest to come along and wipe out what was previously a favorite recreational location.

I just joined BHA 2 days ago after following them for a long time on (gasp) Facebook. I went to their website and read all about their leadership and they almost all were portrayed in hunting pictures. Seems like a very good organization.

If you want to know if BHA is legit, look at the members. I have never met a more skilled, more caring, and more dedicated group of sportsmen and women in my life. I am proud to be associated with them. That will stand up to any hatchet-job the DC lobbyists throw out way. Also, the mere fact that a secretive, Beltway lobby firm has been hired to attack BHA tells me BHA is doing something right.

I'm fairly conservative on most issues.I keep getting into arguments with hunters that do not see destruction of our lands as sacreligious.
Heah, I like my oil and wood too,I just want them to clean up their mess and pay as they go too. Do it here.Create jobs here.Do it smarter and cleaner.
Or I hear "We can't do that" constantly. Yeah we can.We can make a difference and a better place to live.

Last edited:
Hummer, I am co-chair of BHA. BHA is a relatively new organization and has a small but fast-growing growing membership. I haven't checked lately, but our membership is in the thousands, not tens of thousands. By comparison, RMEF reports its membership is 200K or so. I am not familiar with other organizations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back