Yeti GOBOX Collection

Beware the Portland Pizza

Nope. It was/is supposed to be with the myth, the man, the legend - Jim Baichtal.
Even better if you can make it
will they be able to get all your finger tendons repaired?watched your weekly show and looks like ya got a couple fingers maybe not working too well yet? hope you heal good.
I noticed that too, but somewhere it gets mentioned that surgery is still a few days away.

In one of our many meetings when I was Board Chair of Jim Posewitz's Orion-The Hunter's Institute, Poz once told me, “When you get to the pearly gates, Saint Peter ain't looking for diplomas, awards or medals; he’s looking for scars.”

I think I’ll get in the gates with this one. It’s not going away anytime soon.

First post-op appointment was this morning. Three months of PT and restricted to lifting nothing over 5 pounds. That's a major problem for my POW Alaska black bear hunt in May. I’m going to learn how to shoot left-handed, wear a pirate eyepatch on my right eye, and I'll try to go on my bear hunt in Alaska as a lefty. Fingers crossed I can pull it off.

IMG_2415.JPG

In one of our many meetings when I was Board Chair of Jim Posewitz's Orion-The Hunter's Institute, Poz once told me, “When you get to the pearly gates, Saint Peter ain't looking for diplomas, awards or medals; he’s looking for scars.”

First post-op appointment was this morning. Three months of PT and restricted to lifting nothing over 5 pounds. That's a major problem for my POW Alaska black bear hunt in May. I’m going to learn how to shoot left-handed, wear a pirate eyepatch on my right eye, and I'll try to go on my bear hunt in Alaska as a lefty. Fingers crossed I can pull it off.

View attachment 267361
Best of lucky healing up Randy, best advice I can give you on these things is don't slack on any of the PT or other healing advice / methods you are given by your doctors. Advice I wish I could go back and give my younger self about some stuff in my shoulders.

View attachment 267361

HEAL UP FAST,

Ouch! Cringing just thinking about it! Good luck with the process. Time will seem to drag but you WILL heal up. Sucks getting old, doesn't it?

Are you gonna be able to do any kind of fishing or are you Kim’s designated boat driver now?
Not until June, assuming all goes well. A stern warning was given about PT discipline and not re-tearing these by working them too hard too soon. I'm a pretty diligent patient, so I expect a good outcome, even if the walleyes get an extended reprieve.

You're one tough guy is all I can say! That had to hurt just a little. I cringed with the finger in the forearm portion of that story.

Fingers crossed I can pull it off.
@Big Fin
Are you allowed to cross your right hand fingers?? :ROFLMAO:

Based on your FreshTracks recap, it was evident that the digits most affected are your pinkie, ring, and finger finger so Mr.Pointer and Mr. Thumb could be crossed, I suppose.

One good way to grow a really gnarly scar is to let the suture lines scab up. If allowed by your surgeon, I would recommend placing a goodly quantity of something like triple antibiotic ointment to reduce the scabbing, and thus reducing the scarring.

(This advice is worth the money you paid to get it)

Good lord, I feel with your walleye experience you’d have been able to do a better job filleting that arm open than that guy did.

That 5lb limit would be killer.

One good way to grow a really gnarly scar is to let the suture lines scab up. If allowed by your surgeon, I would recommend placing a goodly quantity of something like triple antibiotic ointment to reduce the scabbing, and thus reducing the scarring.
I got my index finger caught in an augur once, and avulsed it pretty good. The NP had me massage the crap out of the scar as soon as the wound closed, x3 times a day for 10 mins. Massaging hurt like hell, but boy was it worth it in the end. I broke up the knobby scar tissue and ended with a smooth and flush scar. I have full range of motion, and the scar tissue doesn’t rub on the finger tendon.

I don’t know if this is at all applicable in your situation but it might be worth asking the plastic surgeon about.

When I see the type of critters working in the kitchen of restaurants, pizza joints and fast food I suspect you could pick up a bug in about any of them. The food as well goes thru a lot of hands and locations before it gets to your stomach.

I’m going to learn how to shoot left-handed,

View attachment 267361

If you want to get more used to doing left handed things… i bought a few pieces of Fjall Raven clothing the other day and didn’t realize until I got them home that all the zippers are left handed!

After a couple days of wearing their shirts I feel surprisingly more useful with my left hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back