Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best Water Bladder on the Market?

Seems like there is always a better mousetrap out there. I have no idea how many water bladders I've been through, but its a bunch. The only must have for me is a bite valve with a manual shut-off... and bring a spare they get ripped off in the brush at times.

The zip tops are nice if you don't need to filter water, otherwise, you're just filtering into a larger hole. When cold they can be an absolute PITA to get zipped up, and its always fun when your fingers are numb/cold and they slip off the sharp edges. I'll never buy another one.

I've come full circle and use the the Platypus bags with a screw top. The hose fits on, my back up filter screws on, and a cap screws on... they fold flat to nothing, light, etc. I have 6-8 of them, they last for years.

Don't spend a dime on Camel back, they suck, and taste like plastic. Nothing worse than having to choke down plastic water... New/old, doesn't matter I've tried them then and recently, will never use one again.

I recently had a hydrapak that lasted about a year before springing a leak. I’ll probably go back to Platypus, that’s what I’ve had the best luck with. I’m waiting for Stone Glacier or Mystery Ranch to produce a suitably insulated bladder for beer on tap out of your backpack. That would be a game changer for spring bear.

Don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned yet, but I’ve been using the same black ovis 2L bag for 5-6 years and really like it. You can get them fairly cheap off of camofire from time to time.
Matt
C18208BB-6119-4389-9DC2-6CE6993E3960.png

MSR Dromedary and a Nalgene for me.
I avoid hoses unless it’s a day trip in warm weather.
Use hoses cautiously. It isn’t if, but when they will fail. If they soak your shit inside your bag on a bad weather backpack hunt you’re in trouble.

So does everybody that have been running the same bladder for years lube their o ring every few months? It seems like that may be my problem. Just found this out and it was news to me.

MSR Dromedary and a Nalgene for me.
I avoid hoses unless it’s a day trip in warm weather.
Use hoses cautiously. It isn’t if, but when they will fail. If they soak your shit inside your bag on a bad weather backpack hunt you’re in trouble.
+1 for the MSR Dromedary bags and good ol' nalgene bottles.
SmartWater bottles are the UL answer to nalgene.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back