Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Best trophy Room I have ever seen

EODRay

One of my wife's clients has the best trophy room I have ever seen. He has been Sportsman of the year and holds many World Slams, etc. This year he will be donating all of his animals to the Natural History Museum in Houston (I think thats the place they are going). I will get the opportunity to help pack these animals up and get them shipped down there. The pictures aren't great but the sheep wall alone is crazy.
1021151021161021171021181021190-1.jpg0.jpg0-2.jpg0-4.jpg0-3.jpg

Nice. Looks like he jumped on Noah's Ark with a M-134. I've seen a much better collection but can't remember the hunter's name. Randy's cameraman Tyler took me to his house in SLC while at the EXPO a dozen years ago. It was also a pay by the head collection. Tons of freaky big critters from all over earth.

That sheep wall is insane.

Hunting in Africa doesn't appeal to me, but I've got to admit that elephant shoulder mount looks pretty cool.

Yeah, that’s amazing. And that sheep wall is insane. Wow!

Just trying to do the math on that sheep wall with the cost of a guided sheep hunt in Canada or Mexico or even worse auction tags and it gets pretty staggering. Pretty amazing collection.

P.S. - Yes I am jealous. :D

http://www.petalumawildlifemuseum.org/

In 1989, Hugh Codding donated the entire Codding Museum inventory to Petaluma High School instructor Ron Head to create an innovative educational program. Ron's dream was to give high school students career and leadership skills through active participation in an environmental education program. The Petaluma Wildlife Museum facility was built in 1940 as a school bus garage. When the Museum's collection outgrew the confines of Ron's classroom portable, the Codding family helped purchase a new bus garage, freeing the old one to be used as a world-class 9000 square foot wildlife museum. Over the next few years, hundreds of volunteers from every corner of the community donated time and money to construct various dioramas representing habitats from across the world. They also built displays to house mineral collections, poaching artifacts, and the large live animal collection. Today, the Museum houses over 50 species of insects, reptiles, amphibians, and mammals. Thousands of people visit the Museum every year where dozens of high school students provide tours and animal education.

IMG_6356-715x498.jpg

IMG_6371-715x498.jpg

If

Back