Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Crispy Chicken Sandwich

Votes: 23 10.9%
  • Lobster Roll (for wllm)

Votes: 21 10.0%
  • French Dip

Votes: 34 16.1%

• Total voters
i'm really struggling even with my own poll.

i know my number one, but my number two is really hard to choose. probably should've only allowed one choice.

my number one choice is the philly.

i think about my vote this way, if i had two choose two sammies that would be my only sammies for the rest of my life.

i apologize for not including the meatball sub.

I chose philly and grilled cheese. The former due to its potential ballast, the latter due to its speed in creation and acceptability to little people and adults alike.

But, you put Big Mac on there, which, if we are considering a cheeseburger as a sandwich, cheeseburgers would very quickly move to the top of my list. That said, the Big Mac is an abomination, not even in the top 3 of the fast food burger world. A world in which no burgers rise to the top of the burger world itself. So, as to burgers, these are the burgers that have changed my life:

4 Corners Bar in Oilmont, MT

Oilmont4CornersBar.jpg

Guy Fieri's - Las Vegas, NV

GuyFieriBurger.jpg

Wheel Inn, Lincoln, MT

WheelBurger.jpg

Suds Hut, Helena, MT - THE KING OF BURGERS

SudsHut.jpg

In addition, I'd like to consider these sandwiches:

The Town Pump Breakfast Thingy. I've had so many over the years. 2 pieces of the most greasenest hash browns you’ve ever seen, sandwiching something like meat that tastes something like sausage, loved deeply atop with what I trust to be egg and cheese. Probably a 1000 calories.

BreakfastThingy.JPG

The Spamwich. It's good for ya

Spamwich.JPG

technically i would define a burger as a type of sandwich. but i do not feel that burgers fit with the spirit of sandwiches.

burgers are their own thing in my world, even if technically a sandwich.

i personally view a big mac as a sandwich and not necessarily a burger. and i love big macs. i will love them till the day i die. though i mostly put it on the list as a troll item.

I chose philly and grilled cheese. The former due to its potential ballast, the latter due to its speed in creation and acceptability to little people and adults alike.

But, you put Big Mac on there, which, if we are considering a cheeseburger as a sandwich, cheeseburgers would very quickly move to the top of my list. That said, the Big Mac is an abomination, not even in the top 3 of the fast food burger world. A world in which no burgers rise to the top of the burger world itself. So, as to burgers, these are the burgers that have changed my life:

4 Corners Bar in Oilmont, MT

View attachment 232516

Guy Fieri's - Las Vegas, NV

View attachment 232517

Wheel Inn, Lincoln, MT

View attachment 232518

Suds Hut, Helena, MT - THE KING OF BURGERS

View attachment 232519

In addition, I'd like to consider these sandwiches:

The Town Pump Breakfast Thingy. I've had so many over the years. 2 pieces of the most greasenest hash browns you’ve ever seen, sandwiching something like meat that tastes something like sausage, loved deeply atop with what I trust to be egg and cheese. Probably a 1000 calories.

View attachment 232515

The Spamwich. It's good for ya

View attachment 232514

we're gonna need a new category for breakfast sammies alone. didn't think to put one on there.

though, i view breakfast as solely a time of day, not a type of food. therefore, my favorite breakfast sandwich would still probably be a philly cheese steak.

Why even eat sandwiches? I mean for the same calories you could have a burger which means you then must have a beer, and beer makes everything better.

i mean, let's be honest, any time anyone goes to a restaurant and there are burgers on the menu and then sandwiches on the menu, 90% of the time we all get the burger.

that's (partially) why they need to be excluded, i think.

I chose grilled cheese and French dip, but honestly, a burger wins almost every time.

And there can be so many variations. My wife had some fresh Pico de Gallo in the fridge awhile back, and I got the bright idea to pile a bunch on an elk burger. Oh man.......

Rueben all the way. A good fried chicken sandwich is hard to beat, not sure if that is the same as crispy chicken sandwich. Back in June had the fried chicken sandwich at Conflux Brewing in Missoula. One of the best I have had.

But I go for a burger 75% of the time.

Rueben all the way. A good fried chicken sandwich is hard to beat, not sure if that is the same as crispy chicken sandwich. Back in June had the fried chicken sandwich at Conflux Brewing in Missoula. One of the best I have had.

But I go for a burger 75% of the time.

yeah, crispy chicken sandwich is a fried chicken sandwich by my definition.

i'm surprised (but also certainly not totally surprised) that reuben is winning the race.

it is absolutely one my favorites, but if i had two choose two for the rest of my life i don't think it would make the cut for me.

i had BLT on the list briefly. but even for a sandwich technically with meat it might as well be a vegetarian option.

unless you make one at home and put a bona fide 16 oz of bacon on it it's hardly a sandwich worth eating.

anyway, it was swapped out for the crispy chicken.

Back