Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Best prices on tires in SW Montana

Southern Elk

I will be in the market for a new set of tires before winter. Who has good prices in SW Montana? I could drive to Bozeman, Butte, Dillon, or Helena. Maybe a little farther if the price was right.

This will be our first winter here. I'm also wondering how aggressive of a tire I will need? I currently run Cooper all terrains. Can anyone recommend tires for a Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel?

Been very happy with Toyo Open Country ATII on my Duramax. Whatever tire you buy, get them siped (unless you drive largely on gravel roads).

Ask ten people about tires and get ten different replies.

Ditto on the Toyo ATII tires. Have em on my one ton Dodge and they are great. I strongly recommend Lisac's in Butte.

Cooper st maxx, might cost a little more but you'll be happy with them and they won't let ya down.

Been very happy with Toyo Open Country ATII on my Duramax. Whatever tire you buy, get them siped (unless you drive largely on gravel roads).

Ask ten people about tires and get ten different replies.

Ditto on the Toyo ATII tires. Have em on my one ton Dodge and they are great. I strongly recommend Lisac's in Butte.

Another vote for the Toyo AT, run them on my 99 Durango and had no issues getting around in the snow last winter.

Cooper tires for us had good luck with at3 not a super aggressive tire but enough to bite good in snow and mud. For aggressive tire I like stt by cooper.

Checkout discount tires direct they have better prices than any I could find locally, also free shipping and NO sales tax. I bought the aforementioned Coopers for my Toyota Tundra.

I've bought the last 2 sets from discount tire. The local shops in Dillon hate it and price gouged me on installation so ask the local shop what they charge to factor that cost in

I looked at online stores. Once you factor in the mounting and balancing, plus the fact I get free rotation and flat repair, it's a wash anyway. Just go to the local Cooper dealer. mtmuley

I used to live a few blocks from Al Chafee Tires in Helena, he always had decent prices and excellent + customer service. It's been awhile but if I had the chance I'd go back to him for sure.

Checkout discount tires direct they have better prices than any I could find locally, also free shipping and NO sales tax. I bought the aforementioned Coopers for my Toyota Tundra.

How much do you pay for mounting. Rotate and balance? Just curious.

I bought my last set of from Tirewright.com. The are recast from bead to bead and are half price of most tires. I've put over 25,000 miles on them so far and have been really happy with them.

I can never get to 35,000 miles on my Duramax with any tire due to the pulling trailers in town but this last set of Michelin LTX A/T2 are going to be the new winner of longevity for me. I'm really happy and impressed by them. I got them at Costco or you can order them online at Walmart.com and they ship to your nearest store for no cost. The downside of Costco and Walmart is the wait times to get anything done. Super frustrating. So I'd see if any of the other stores mentioned sell them and go that route. Tire Rama in Bozeman will bend over backwards for me with my business so I try and do most of my tire buying through them. I have 5 trucks and 4 cars

Thanks for all of the replies guys. I bought my last tires from Discount Tire Direct and had them installed at a local shop. I'm not opposed to doing that again, but if someone local could get close on price, I'd rather give a local business my money.

I'll second Tire Rama in Bozeman. I run the motor pool for my organization and Lane at the downtown shop has always treated us very, very well on routine maintenance stuff. I can't say I've ever done an exhaustive cost comparison of tires in an effort to save a few bucks, but the cost comparisons I have done showed that they are competitive.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back