PEAX Equipment

Best Netflix/Amazon/Hulu to Binge Watch During Social Distancing.

The wife and I just watched all six episodes of the TV show Waco on Netflix.

I don’t know how much of that show is Hollywood BS, or how accurate it fully is, but it was enthralling.

Watched the movie Molly's Game last night and really enjoyed it. The fact that it's based on a true story made it more likeable to me.

Watched Bosch Season 1-5....seemed to get progressively slower. Trying to hook on to 6 but it ain't working for me yet. Part of it is the quality betterment, to me anyway, of series like GOT, Ozark, Gemstones, True Detective....

If you haven't seen it, check out Happy People: A Year in the Taiga documentary. Werner Herzog used footage from a 4 part series by Dmitry Vasyukov. Follows a Russian trapper in a small Siberian community. Will take you momentarily out of this funk we're in right now. Costs money to stream but you can watch all 3.5 hours of the original for free on youtube.

Watched They Shall Not Grow Old recently. Peter Jackson used old British WW1 footage and made it look absolutely incredible. Also added sound effects and voice actors. The whole film features narration from decades old interviews with British soldiers but it sounds like you were talking to them yesterday. Free on HBO. Got me thinking about my great grandfather who served in WW1 (US). We still have his journals from Europe. Need to take some scans to preserve them.
20200428_212044.jpg

So, I'm about 8 epi's in of Season 1 Billions (Amazon). Pretty good IMO, think Wolf of Wall Street/House of Cards.

We just started People Just Do Nothing. It's a fairly funny show about west-enders who are anything but smart or competent.

I just finished Black Sails on Prime. It's a prequel to Treasure Island and kind of like Game of Thrones except with pirates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back