Best mittens for hunting?

randy, i realize that this post was from 3 years ago but i was wondering if you are still making any chopper mitts or not, i've heard you talk about them several times on your podcast and/or elk talk live and i'd love to get a pair!

You might be in luck. I sent them more hides than needed, so I now have eight tanned muskrat hides waiting to be made into more mittens. Season opens again in Montana on November 1. I'll be hunting, but come late December, through February, some Big Sky 'rats will be a bit closer to being a pair of choppers.

Seriously, if any Hunt Talkers are interested in real fur mittens, let me know. I've still got 14 beaver hides from last winter, and will probably have a couple hundred 'rats before it's all done. They make for amazing mittens, hats, and hand muffs.

Nothing beats a muskrat or beaver hand muff with a hand warmer pack when hunting ducks in late December. Keep your hands toasty warm; ducks come in, bang/bang; hands back in a nice toasty warm wild fur hand muff.

Wonder what people will think when they see these ones on the show next year? Maybe I'll do a 'rat trapping segment to show people where they came from.

randy, i realize that this post was from 3 years ago but i was wondering if you are still making any chopper mitts or not, i've heard you talk about them several times on your podcast and/or elk talk live and i'd love to get a pair!

Even though I don't buy KUIU stuff anymore I do have a pair of their down mittens that I really like. A good pair of Mitts that does what they're supposed to do in cold weather shouldn't require a hand warmer pouch IMO..

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back