Hunting mittens

I’m wearing these right now with first lite 1/2 finger wool inserts.
View attachment 308520
Those seem to be a step up from the hardware store Kinco’s!

I had been using the cloth-backed Kinco 1972KWT from work for the last couple years. Finally bought myself a pair of good choppers from Century Leather Products. Pretty heavy leather that is breaking in nicely! Unfortunately they were delivered the week after my elk hunt this year. I hate cold hands and mittens seem to be the only thing that works for me.

Those seem to be a step up from the hardware store Kinco’s!

I had been using the cloth-backed Kinco 1972KWT from work for the last couple years. Finally bought myself a pair of good choppers from Century Leather Products. Pretty heavy leather that is breaking in nicely! Unfortunately they were delivered the week after my elk hunt this year. I hate cold hands and mittens seem to be the only thing that works for me.
I have several pairs of the yellow kinco gloves from the farm store. They are good and tough and warm when you need to have fingers for things.
If he's just sitting in a blind, consider a muff. Surely someone makes one that's down filled? Seems that setup would be the ticket with a regular pair of buckskin gloves.
I wear a hand muff during archery season with light gloves. The big mittens are too bulky and get in the way of my arrow and I can’t wear my release on my other hand with the mitten on.
If it’s really really cold during late muzzleloader season or ice fishing I will wear A muff with a Johnny warmer inside to wrap your cold fingers around and you are set for the coldest of cold.

i got the black ovis finger mittens just before christmas. first time i wore the the elastic wrist strap broke on the first tug, and the little plastic pieces that hold the other wrist strap down fell off/disappeared. but man, are they warm! I figure these things would fail either way so i am glad it just got out of the way on the first try.

I should've put these in @SnowyMountaineer 's 10 year use thread...only mittens I own (Yes on the wool inserts)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back