Best Hunting Town in America

Lewiston Idaho would be pretty high on the list for me due to the close proximity to steelhead and salmon fishing. Fairly good hunting can still be had but not as good as it once was.

Im surprised no ones said bozeman or missoula I really like those towns a lot and they boast some great hunting and fishing opportunities.

Billings is a fairly ugly town, but I think its about as centrally located as it can get. Awesome muley hunting to the east, good elk hunting to the west, north and south east, great fishing for what ever you'd like on the yellowstone, bighorn, still water and surrounding tributaries. The beartooths are only 40 minutes away etc. A growing economy with jobs as well. Having said that Id probably pick Missoula or Lewiston over Billings.

As someone who grew up in Lewiston and has lived a couple other places its nowhere close to a top choice hunting town for me.

After giving this some thought the best place for a hunter to live would be where not many other hunters live. Think about it...

Much as I like going to Scheels, Big Bear and Big R on the same day, I could never live at Great Falls.
Get about an hour away at Choteau, or Fort Benton and you will be more to my liking.
If you really must live in a full service town, Cody is my choice hands down.
All that said, after being back east for the past 14 months, I am sure looking forward to once again picking my mail up in beautiful downtown Winnett come June!

Much as I like going to Scheels, Big Bear and Big R on the same day, I could never live at Great Falls.
Get about an hour away at Choteau, or Fort Benton and you will be more to my liking.
If you really must live in a full service town, Cody is my choice hands down.
All that said, after being back east for the past 14 months, I am sure looking forward to once again picking my mail up in beautiful downtown Winnett come June!
Congrats on being able to get back! I wish I could convince the wife of a similar move...

So San Francisco?

San Francisco very well could be the number growth city in the number of hunters. In 2012 Hunter-Ed.com had over 20,000 users from San Francisco-San Jose.

There's year round hunting here, all three elk (if you can draw), one of the best flyways in the country, sheep, goats, blacktails and mulies.

Not to mention the bounty that is Big Blue to our west.

As someone who grew up in Lewiston and has lived a couple other places its nowhere close to a top choice hunting town for me.

As far hunting, yah its better where I live now, but the biggest thing that kills me living in central MT is there isnt any close places to fish for salmon or steelhead. Plenty of hunting around there to keep me busy as well.

San Francisco very well could be the number growth city in the number of hunters. In 2012 Hunter-Ed.com had over 20,000 users from San Francisco-San Jose.

There's year round hunting here, all three elk (if you can draw), one of the best flyways in the country, sheep, goats, blacktails and mulies.

Not to mention the bounty that is Big Blue to our west.

We have a great friend that lives in the lower Haight, and try to make it out there once a year. One of my favorite places on Earth.

Rifle, CO. Never been there, never seen a picture of it. Just the name alone sounds like the perfect place.

! Pointer, you need to just figure on coming out and seeing me.

Mthunr, ok maybe missing MT blurs my vision a bit, but I really hope to not have to go east of Jordan any more after this next trip.

Pretty sure Lewiston was the top sportsman town in the US, I think it was in the Outdoor Life. Will try to find the article. It was good

If not great falls, perhaps rock springs or slc

Really?? I would think UT has great hunting but poor odds at getting tags to do so. AZ and NV are kind of the same thing. I guess when I look at the place to live for hunting I look at the amount of game and also the ease of drawing a tag to go at it. With that, I look at MT, WY, and CO and ID

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back