Best Bet ?

Gunner46

No chance to get out west this year, but next year is good to go.

Just looking for opinions.

Where do y'all think would be the best opportunity to combine a week long cow elk/ Lope hunt, if at all possible? With that said, please..... just saying "Colorado", or "Wyoming".....??????

Zero preference points for elk, anywhere. 1 point for Lope in WY.

OK, Yeah, I'm bored, trying to reload some 338's, but my drill battery is dead, so I can't trim the cases for a while. Still, I'd like to try it next year.

Idaho isn't too bad, OTC elk tag, draw a 2nd season archery unlimited antelope tag and hunt... Lope opens Sept 10, hunt 3-4 days drive up too the mtns hunt 3-6 days for elk and drive home :)
Matt

Look at the left-over list for cow elk and then plan your antelope hunt accordingly. It will be tough to draw a buck antelope in a lot of the areas that have easy cow tags. though. If you just want to go, put in for a doe in one of the units and then follow up with a left-over cow tag, if you get drawn.

I don't believe cow tags take your points, type 6, so apply in the units close to your antelope area. Buys some points this year and it will open up more antelope hunting for you. You may even be able to get 2 cow tags.

Back