Caribou Gear Tarp

Berry ID?

p_ham

Anybody know the name of these? Found NE NV 6000-7500'. Judging by the leaf shape I assume them to be poisonous.0814190800.jpg

Oregon grape for sure. "those in the picture aren't ripe" They are a bit sour when ripe but once you get past the pucker they are rather refreshing. They make a great jelly too.

Thanks! I haven't seen any more than a couple inches tall. Do you guys think that is climate related or a relative of the Oregon Grape?
I thought for sure it was some sort of holly.

Thanks! I haven't seen any more than a couple inches tall. Do you guys think that is climate related or a relative of the Oregon Grape?
I thought for sure it was some sort of holly.

Probably climate. Usually I see them 24+ inches tall and spreading quite wide in ID panhandle area. But some are small in rockier dry areas.

There are probably 10-15 species known as Oregon grape (aka barberry). The big beefy ones that I know are M. aquifolium and inhabit higher precip areas in WA, OR, Northern ID, and NW MT. The smaller ones that I encounter are M. repens. They're in drier areas found throughout the West

Also at first I saw the thread title Berry ID. I thought you were looking for info on Berry Idaho which then I was like don't know where that one is. :D

Yeah there's tall, dwarf, etc., about a dozen others...the wife goes to a naturalpath whose big on its healing properties; uses it for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. She also says the extract is extremely beneficial for psoriasis, eczema, athlete’s foot, acne and other fungal infections and to ease inflammation, itching and irritation. Not sure of any of it myself but????

There are probably 10-15 species known as Oregon grape (aka barberry). The big beefy ones that I know are M. aquifolium and inhabit higher precip areas in WA, OR, Northern ID, and NW MT. The smaller ones that I encounter are M. repens. They're in drier areas found throughout the West

Also at first I saw the thread title Berry ID. I thought you were looking for info on Berry Idaho which then I was like don't know where that one is. :D
I probably should have re-worded the title..but it worked either way!

Thanks for your input!

Yeah there's tall, dwarf, etc., about a dozen others...the wife goes to a naturalpath whose big on its healing properties; uses it for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. She also says the extract is extremely beneficial for psoriasis, eczema, athlete’s foot, acne and other fungal infections and to ease inflammation, itching and irritation. Not sure of any of it myself but????
So like walk around with smurf-foot?

When I lived in the PNW id eat them all the time while hunting. Always thought I should try making wine out of them. :unsure:. Never did. Too busy with the hucks and shrooms. True story; bought my first brand spanking new Chevy truck in 2001. I needed to upgrade so we could pull a tent trailer around cause the '96 Dakota couldn't cut the mustard. About 10 days after the buy I headed up into the Gifford woods cruising the logging roads. Came to a spot where the grape had completely grown over and across the road. Put into low and went right through and then had to come back out again. Never worried about scratching it up again after that. Still my daily driver and the best damn Silverado on the road; or off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back