Beisbol

Being born and raised in MT, I guess its a free for all for what teams we might root for. No pro sports here soooo....

I couldn't tell you WHY I like the Cards. Really like Ozzie Smith. I have piles of his baseball cards, a game used jersey and glove too.

Chattanooga Lookouts were Reds AA team for a long time so I became a Reds fan by following players who had moved thru here and it certainly helped when cable starting giving us Reds games here 6 or 7 years ago. Chattanooga team is now a Dodgers franchise and hard to root for a team that far away. I also root for Braves as I can drive to ballpark in under two hours. Predators and Titans are an hour and 45 minutes away and home state teams.

All in good fun!

Attachments

• 1380987_10201739419000319_1073702923_n[1].jpg
    1380987_10201739419000319_1073702923_n[1].jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 37
Stopped by to visit an Aunt in middle TN Sunday and one of my cousins was there. He was a pretty good ball player, college scholarship and all, but tore up both his shoulder and knee. Anyway, we were talking today's fastest, strongest, more athletic ball players than ever....and came to conclusion that must be BS when it comes to pitching! No one will ever win 30 again, no one throws over 300 innings, no ne could have 20W-20L seasons like Robin Roberts....we think it was Christy Matthieson who pitched Games 1, 3, 5 in a World Series and had complete game victories in all three....so what is the deal today?

Stopped by to visit an Aunt in middle TN Sunday and one of my cousins was there. He was a pretty good ball player, college scholarship and all, but tore up both his shoulder and knee. Anyway, we were talking today's fastest, strongest, more athletic ball players than ever....and came to conclusion that must be BS when it comes to pitching! No one will ever win 30 again, no one throws over 300 innings, no ne could have 20W-20L seasons like Robin Roberts....we think it was Christy Matthieson who pitched Games 1, 3, 5 in a World Series and had complete game victories in all three....so what is the deal today?

$...simple as that. Would you rather pitch every 5th day and get paid over 15 years or pitch every third day and get paid over 7-8 years.

I've been dreading see you post on this thread today... :eek:

Ha! I'm going be honest. I'm not taking the 3-2 lead for granted. By no means do I think the Sox have this in the bag. The Card's are still scary, even if the final two games are at Fenway.

If they don't start getting Jobu some better whiskey, the Sox have this thing in the bag. Their hitting, for most of the series, has been abysmal! 5 Ks looking in one game??

I'm a pessimistic fan by nature. I could easily seeing Wacha's good run coming to an end tomorrow night. Not too many 22yo rookies win 3 games in the post-season. That said, if he wins #4 it will be a FUN Halloween night. A game 7 between these two would be FUN to watch.

This is what you want from a WS. The two best teams all year long. Great pitching and timely hitting. Wacha's run has been amazing so far, especially considering his rookie status. Good pitching always beats good hitting. Im pulling for Boston, but I have to give the edge to the Cards based on pitching. It would not shock me at all to see the Cards come back and take two from them.

It would appear things do have a way of evening out----take Freese for instance----unlikely MVP in both LCS and WS one year.....not much going on now!
I think Ortiz has a VooDoo Priestess communing with Howard Cozell to get Reggie dropped and him becoming new Mr October....

Proud to be a Sox fan!! Even though the last game wasn't that close it was still a great series! Looking forward to 2014! I'm pretty certain some of the near-bottom dwellers of 2013 will fare much better in 2014.

Pointer, PM me your address and hat will be sent on your way! :D

Attachments

• pMLB2-17290127dt.jpg
    pMLB2-17290127dt.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 35
pm incoming! :( ;)

The Sox outplayed the Cards in the this series. Key kits when they needed 'em and good pitching when it counted. Well done Sox.

99% of the population could juice & still not be able to hit the worst big's fastball....or catch it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back