Beef bacon

Sorry I don’t have any experience here. However, I’m sure it would be great. You could always go pastrami style too and do a fusion thing.

I’ve done pork belly like a brisket. Sure you could do beef belly brisket

Sorry I don’t have any experience here. However, I’m sure it would be great. You could always go pastrami style too and do a fusion thing.

I’ve done pork belly like a brisket. Sure you could do beef belly brisket

I'd go that route before going bacon route - but I'm not much for using red meat for pork meat items (I'm funny that way)

now bear to me works well for a pork replacement (bacon, sausage, etc)

After living in the Middle East for 3 years and that was the only type of bacon you could get; I can say that beef bacon is one of the most vile things ever created by man. I would much rather have turkey bacon over beef bacon.

1667304622268.jpeg
The beef bacon is curing. It should be ready to smoke Friday night at 200 degrees until it’s at about 150 internal temp. I used a recipe from Jess pryles. The slab started at 8.4 lbs. the cure mix was:
6T salt
2/3 cup white sugar
4T black pepper
4tsp paprika
2 tsp pink curing salt

For good measure and since I can’t leave a good recipe alone I added 3T maple sugar.

That looks great! One Q: The maple syrup doesn't hinder the salt from it's curing process? Never done bacon - anything so I'm not speaking as if, in the know... You've peaked my thoughts for a fun project. Look forward to the sliced pics!

That looks great! One Q: The maple syrup doesn't hinder the salt from it's curing process? Never done bacon - anything so I'm not speaking as if, in the know... You've peaked my thoughts for a fun project. Look forward to the sliced pics!
I never thought about that. I used maple sugar. You boil the sap until it crystallizes. I just figured they make maple bacon from pork so why not? I’ll look into it to make sure.
No it does not hinder it.
Thanks. I’m still going to do some research.

Has to be real maple syrup and not that corn syrup based commercial crap.

View attachment 247532
The beef bacon is curing. It should be ready to smoke Friday night at 200 degrees until it’s at about 150 internal temp. I used a recipe from Jess pryles. The slab started at 8.4 lbs. the cure mix was:
6T salt
2/3 cup white sugar
4T black pepper
4tsp paprika
2 tsp pink curing salt

For good measure and since I can’t leave a good recipe alone I added 3T maple sugar.

let me know when it's ready and I'll sacrifice and come help with the taste test :cool::cool:

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back