Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Rotisserie Venison Hind Quarter

I'd skip the bacon, but everything else sounds great! I'm interested in how it turns out.

After reading all of this and discussions with my whiskey consultants, we have elected to forego the bacon wrap in fear it will flame up.
I like the idea of basting, letting it get a nice "bark", then wrap in foil.

Thanks!
I learned hard way the single easiest way to screw up game meat is to dry it out, keep us update with pics! Looking forward to it, good luck...

Just soak 12-24 hours in the brine 4-8 for the marinade. I've injected quite a bit of game from bison brisket, hinds, shoulders, loins and more. IMO something about the leaness of the meat dosen't allow it to blend in with the meat and instead of complementing the meat the injection over powers it unlike a pork shoulder or fatty beef brisket.
Don’t want to jinx myself, but hopefully I’ll have a couple pronghorn hams to freeze hole and give ‘em the business.

When we do lamb roasts (wife's bosnian, it's like a thanksgiving/Easter mix type religious tradition for them), other than vegeta (again-bosnian spice), I spray it down as it's spinning every now and then with beer. Just shake the bottle with thumb over it like a hose, and heavy mist it.

It's old school. It's what they've always done. It's what I'll always do, and it's highly effective, anecdotally.

We also carve off as it cooks, much like how you'd cook and cut gyros.

When you wrap in bacon it’s difficult to see the condition of the meat underneath and once that fat is rendered out of the bacon the basting fat is gone.

Our kinda traditional family baste/marinade is as follows:

GARLIC POWDER
3/4 OZ

MUSTARD DRY
3/4 OZ

OREGANO LEAF
1/4 OZ

OLIVE OIL
5 TBSP

LEMON JUICE CONCENTRATE
5 TBSP

Pics aren’t from rotisserie. More of and oven roast/smoke. But you get the idea.

Attachments

• IMG_4760.jpeg
    IMG_4760.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4761.jpeg
    IMG_4761.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4764.jpeg
    IMG_4764.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Forum statistics