Mount Rushmore of Meats.

the types of people that never shut up about elk tenderloins and wrap their backstraps in bacon and over cook them also throw out 90% of their freezer burned elk the next fall, guaranteed, and throw out 100% of their freezer burned mule deer.

i aspire to be the opposite of that ;)
Castro loved tacos... just saying

i gotta say guys, i'm not in love with backstrap or tendies from any animal. yeah they're good and a well seasoned (24 hour dry seasoned), smoked, reverse seared backstrap is a fantastic meal, especially with some brown rice sautéed in pork fat with green chiles, cilantro, and garlic. buuuttttt....

i love elk and deer burgers more, i love heart more... way more actually. i like eating deer and elk tacos more than backstrap. tenderloins are the most overrated steak on an animal anyway. backstrap is far better than tenderloins, but id still rather have a smoked deer or elk burger.

my favorite meat list?

elk/deer/antelope heart
elk/deer/antelope burgers
45+ day dry aged corn fed beef ribeye
seared scallops
smoked ribs with ridiculously buttery cornbread and fresh raw local honey

and bacon? meh. what's better than bacon? chicharrones, no doubt. put heaping pile of those on a breakfast burrito and you'll never bother with bacon again.

I will swap you pound for pound burger meat for backstrap and tenderloins…. 😄

I will swap you pound for pound burger meat for backstrap and tenderloins…. 😄
IMG-1798.jpgIMG-1800.jpg

i'm eating deer meat cheesy gordita crunches as we speak in my office. i'm at least certain that this meal is on par with any properly cooked back strap, and in some cases would be my preference over.

fricken forgot my jar of green chile sauce tho.

yes i go through the embarrasingly messy effort of making my cheesy gordita crunches in the break room.

View attachment 270251View attachment 270252

i'm eating deer meat cheesy gordita crunches as we speak in my office. i'm at least certain that this meal is on par with any properly cooked back strap, and in some cases would be my preference over.

yes i go through the embarrasingly messy effort of making my cheesy gordita crunches in the break room.
If I could only have one meal the rest of my life it would be tacos.

View attachment 270251View attachment 270252

Gotta get you a quesadilla maker and you can make a crunch wrap supreme. 20220908_193225.jpg20220908_200032.jpg

oh absolutely.

i have yet to tackle the crunch wrap. however, i see no reason a nice hot cast iron lubed with bacon grease can't accomplish it just as well 😁
After the whole thread from last year about crunch wrap, you haven’t done this yet?! Shame.

After the whole thread from last year about crunch wrap, you haven’t done this yet?! Shame.

it's a simple order of love, i love gordita crunches more.

which is silly, because they're basically the same thing if you think about it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back