Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Beast mode

I thought this was npaden! :) Not a Cam' fan, never even heard of this guy. Should try out for CrossFit games. Last 2 minutes are appropriate and pretty cool.

He's cool in my book. He is dedicated to what he thinks it takes to get it done and I find no fault in that.

IBATHTSYDNTWTH (In Before All The Haters That Say You Dont Need To Workout To Hunt)

Not that you do but that's all I hear when people want to put the guy down.

I’d run my mouth if I had killed ANYTHING last year:D

I like the end of that video, his buddy Roy Roth does not have Beastmode biceps but he is certainly a killer. Both ends of the spectrum.

Dinkshooter has a good point...I've seen pictures and watched some videos with Roy Roth...he isnt your typical "beast mode" athlete.

I read an article, or maybe it was in a book, that Hanes wrote, claiming that Roy Roth was the most driven hunter he's ever known. The guy just flat wont quit.

I think a positive, can-do attitude trumps beast mode...

I think a positive, can-do attitude trumps beast mode...

I agree. I wrestled a lot of ripped dudes in highschool that had zero stamina or skill. They sure could scare you if that is all you focused on. I'm not saying Cam doesn't have it both mental and physical but there are some books on the old timers in Alaska that have men that could pack circles around Cam and the beast mode athlete. Read the book Wolf Man. It is awesome what those guys did without the gear we have today. Mental toughness is the key.

Nice motivational vid. Moose thanks. On one of the hunts with Randy it was the last day and the snow and wind were howling. I looked at Troy the cameraman and said "I don't want to be a Sitka athlete" anymore :D Joking of course but Beast mode athlete reminded me of Sitka athlete.

I can't stand to go into the woods out of shape. Part of getting in shape is backpacking season, but it drives me nuts to not be able to recover quickly after a hard hike.

However, being in shape helps me feel better, but it does not make me a better shot, it does not make me understand deer/elk/bear behavior. Working out does not teach me how to properly use my optics.

On the other hand though, it is much nicer to arrive at my glassing point well over 10k and be able to grab my breath quickly. It is also nice for my legs not to feel like jelly, before I have to pack out 135lbs of elk meat.

I work out 5 days a week, play hockey 3 nights, and during the summer try to run a competitive distance race or two. Does this make me a better hunter just because I do it, NO. But in the overall big picture it is one piece that makes my stay much better, and it improves the way I feel as a whole.

I'll give him credit, he's a dedicated hard working dude who is good for the industry and has made a nice name for himself. Don't love him...don't hate him.

However, he's a total self-promoter and similar to what TO would say, "I love me some me". Anyone who wears their own logo T-shirts every day of the week, has their own www.cameronhanes.com and now self-branded game bags has issues.

He preaches backcountry yet hunts private high dollars LO tags.

And let's be real, the dude riding on his back in that video is really gay!

"...being the ultimate mountain bowhunter" and making a good living at it are commendable goals IMO. More power to him, there are far worse role models.

"...being the ultimate mountain bowhunter" and making a good living at it are commendable goals IMO. More power to him, there are far worse role models.

Get out of here with your logic, this is no place for common sense :D

Common sense?....I overtrained til I was 53....getting a new knee Feb 13th...then it's back to overtraining.;)

I agree. I wrestled a lot of ripped dudes in highschool that had zero stamina or skill. They sure could scare you if that is all you focused on. I'm not saying Cam doesn't have it both mental and physical but there are some books on the old timers in Alaska that have men that could pack circles around Cam and the beast mode athlete. Read the book Wolf Man. It is awesome what those guys did without the gear we have today. Mental toughness is the key.

Nice motivational vid. Moose thanks. On one of the hunts with Randy it was the last day and the snow and wind were howling. I looked at Troy the cameraman and said "I don't want to be a Sitka athlete" anymore :D Joking of course but Beast mode athlete reminded me of Sitka athlete.

Is it the book "Alaska's Wolf Man"? If so I have read that book and he was nothing short of a stud for sure. The packs he would make in a day when he was hunting for the railroad were ridiculous. And now we all need an $500+ pack to carry half what he did.

I have trained (over trained) hard for the past 16 years that I have been sitting in an office. Ultra marathons including Wester States 100, triathlons, mtn bike and road bike races etc, all in the name of getting in shape to hunt. My Buddy who lives in north Arkansas, spends his free time breaking colts and chasing coon hounds year round, plus works outdoors every day can kick my A$$ any day of the week and twice on Sunday on any hunt any where. You have to train and you can never be in too good of shape to hunt the Mountains, but training can only get you so far. being outdoor and hiking are key. Carrying a backpack certainly helps. My Buddy is also Chimpanzee strong. He has never lifted a weight but he works hard and is truly a "Beast" in the woods or an arm wrestling contest.

I'm a total Self Promoter.... So I guess I don't see anything wrong with that. If you are the product you are selling hell yes you promote yourself. But those of us better then the rest roll that way :D

I'll give him credit, he's a dedicated hard working dude who is good for the industry and has made a nice name for himself. Don't love him...don't hate him.

However, he's a total self-promoter and similar to what TO would say, "I love me some me". Anyone who wears their own logo T-shirts every day of the week, has their own www.cameronhanes.com and now self-branded game bags has issues.

He preaches backcountry yet hunts private high dollars LO tags.

And let's be real, the dude riding on his back in that video is really gay!
Is he buying high dollar landowner tags ? I cannot find anything to prove it would you please post a link or tell me where you got this info. I think cam is a flat out stud. I really respect guys that get up and go out and work hard day in and day out in preparation to go hunting. To me he seems to be 1 of the hardest working celebrity type hunters out there. I mean he is no lee and tiffany have you guys seen how many hours they spend putting up tree stands and trail cameras. Brutal....
All I can say is manny pacquiao is lucky cam took up bowhunting instead of boxing.

Per his blog, Cameron killed 4 bulls this year with a bow one each in New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon. In his blog he talks about the families in each of those states. The last name given for the family in Utah is also the last name of a guy who manages a couple of CWMUs in Utah. Non-residents can't draw bull CWMU tags only buy them. Same for the family in Colorado, they manage a RFW property, where tags are also sold. The guy in New Mexico sells 1X1 private land elk hunts for $10K. I doubt that is with a public drawn tag.

You connect the dots...

PS- I don't really have a problem with that as I would be doing the same if I had the scratch or was being bankrolled by the RMEF.

Per his blog, Cameron killed 4 bulls this year with a bow one each in New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Oregon. In his blog he talks about the families in each of those states. The last name given for the family in Utah is also the last name of a guy who manages a couple of CWMUs in Utah. Non-residents can't draw bull CWMU tags only buy them. Same for the family in Colorado, they manage a RFW property, where tags are also sold. The guy in New Mexico sells 1X1 private land elk hunts for $10K. I doubt that is with a public drawn tag.

You connect the dots...

PS- I don't really have a problem with that as I would be doing the same if I had the scratch or was being bankrolled by the RMEF.
I guess I have to take your word for it as I am not going to research what each family he mentions in his blog does for a living.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back